Masks for Schools in IL | Trap Shooters Forum
  1. Recently members have been receiving an email about confirming their account. Do not click the link. If you have done so and entered your login information, change your password immediately, and ensure the email address on your account is correct. This is a phishing scam designed to take your login information. Details here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/confirmation-email-warning.694601/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Members are required to have 50 posts before using the Classifieds Area, or PM system to contact. Any subversion of these rules will result in action taken against your account. The rules are posted here: https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/rules-for-using-the-for-sale-by-members-want-to-buy-want-to-trade-sections.265247/
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Masks for Schools in IL

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by thisjed, Jun 29, 2020.

1. thisjed

thisjed Well-Known Member

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

As an Illinois resident and father with a child still in school, you could have saved some time and responded with a F*** you. I’m sorry, but those idiots have ruined our schools enough already.

Of course I realize you can’t speak freely like I suggested.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    ThatsmeKB thanked this.
  3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I's all to line Madigan's pockets, I've been reitred for 5 years from teaching in Illinois Thank the good Lord.

4. tomk2

tomk2 Well-Known Member

"Health authorities cannot promulgate and enforce rules which merely have a tendency to prevent the spread of contagious and infectious diseases." See Barmore v. Robertson, 134 N.E. 815, 819 (Ill. 1922).

Now, who would have thought there was already settled case law precedent?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5. Harv Shell

Harv Shell Well-Known Member

Here's another great idea turned into law-
    Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker has signed a bill into law that will require all public schools in the state to teach history that includes the contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people by the 8th grade. The Inclusive Curriculum Law will go into affect for the 2020-2021 school year.

Why can't we just teach the important contributions by all people, regardless of ethnicity-gender-religion-etc?

thisjed, trapshootinkid25 and Shutnlar1 thanked this.
  6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

If you look close the next time JB has TV time you will notice Mike M has his hand up JBs butt and his making his lips move

7. Harv Shell

Harv Shell Well-Known Member

There's obviously plenty of room, even with Madigan's big melon.

8. jk80

jk80 Well-Known Member

trapshootinkid25 thanked this.
  9. ThatsmeKB

ThatsmeKB Well-Known Member

I beleive this will cause more trouble. I mean bad boy little johnny is for sure gonna pull some masks and let them fly back In ones face. JB doesn't give a rats ass about illinois. If he isn't going to prison after this is over he will be mighty cozy in his Florida or Wisconsin home!

10. tomk2

tomk2 Well-Known Member

JK80: That seemed pretty specific to refusing a mandatory vaccination, and one that was ordered by the legislature. Governor decrees? it seems that the lack of legislature action is the week point of Governor decrees. Furthermore, why would Illinois case law from 1922 not have been subject to the 1905 Supreme Court ruling in a Massachusetts case? Probably because it did not apply? Note that the article I took the quote from was an Illinois private school notifying the Illinois Governor that the 1922 case precedent from Illinois meant they had no obligation to submit to the Governers decrees (or the school board decrees) about the return to school this year. While the sentiment that Governor decrees that merely have some tendencies to effect communicable disease are illegal is a topic I have much interest, it would seem that this matter applies only to Illinois.

edit: and if because of this, Illinois became the only state that could not mandate masks, I still would not move back there! But my education is not legal in nature, so I must yield to anyone who does have knowledge and training in law. But I reserve the right to inexpertly comment!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    trapshootinkid25 and ThatsmeKB thanked this.
  11. jk80

jk80 Well-Known Member

I'm no lawyer or constitutional student by any means, but the 10th amendment seems to give discretion in rulings for the public good to the states. It seems if the case in Massachusetts was upheld over the vaccine issue how big a stretch would it be to use it for reference in a legal opinion over a states other wants "for the publics good". I'm sure there will be lawsuits over these issues and will take longer than how long this pandemic will last. Just a thought though, if they could force a vaccine then and the ruling was upheld what happens when they get one for the covid . I'm not anti Vax, I'm old enough to know people that had polio, but there's a lot that don't want to participate in any vaccination program. The 10th seems to cover this. As I said I'm not saying I'm agreeing with it, just the ammendment is there and worth a look. Also worth noting is your case you brought up is a private school, not a public one. I live near a religious university and they have had dust ups through the years with measles and mumps outbreaks. If memory serves correct they elected to mandate their own quarantine until the problem subsided. The state did nothing. Not sure but could that possibly be because of not being publicly funded?

trapshootinkid25 thanked this.
  12. tomk2

tomk2 Well-Known Member

I am not anti vaccine either. However, I have been forced to get the flu vaccine the last 7 or 8 years by institutions, and it was voluntary or ineffectively tracked before that. I noticed no difference from my unvaccinated years. My reason for skipping it was getting quite ill from flu vaccines decades ago, and I was pleased to find that the recent ones did not cause illness. As for COVID, I have no doubt it would be forced upon myself where I work. However, prior to COVID, vaccines could be refused if you agreed to be punished by wearing a mask at work 10 months out of the year. That mandate got all the holdouts to comply, no one wanted to wear a mask all day and night when on the property. Now that mask decrees have forced everyone to wear a mask, I expect quite a few will just say no thank you to the COVID vaccine, and just wear a mask. At least for a few years to see how it works out. I wonder what new coercion the pencil pushers will dream up.

13. Don-mx3

Don-mx3 Well-Known Member

1_1_1_1e24729b3578d8d749cd134e739074482_107f4db0_640.jpg

CharlieAMA and thisjed thanked this.
  14. thisjed

The state has placed schools in a no win situation. What are they going to do when students show up without face coverings? Send them home? They still need to provide an education for them by law, talk about complicated. You're going to zoom in the non mask wearing students everyday???

Hopefully our actions embolden more actions and words like must turn into recommend regarding the mandate to be masked. Enough is enough and these decisions belong in the hands of local communities and school leaders, the ones who actually know their day to day realities for classrooms and facilities.

15. Steel Charlie

Steel Charlie Member

Ah, yes. The very same persons who have shown how ill informed and absurd measures can be imposed without regard to established fact, science, or reason. Just the folks I'd want to be deciding the fate of my children.

16. thisjed

In this case, absolutely. We have 120 students across 45,000 sq ft. I prefer us making decisions over people sitting 172 miles away who know little of our day to day realities.

I totally understand though, not everyone has common sense school boards...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  17. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

That’s just it. You are educated adults. I don’t think you need your hand held by some rich idiot having a power trip. I am sure you have the safety of your students and staff in mind.

thisjed thanked this.
  18. tomk2

tomk2 Well-Known Member