Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short I worked on a co-workers car and he gave this rifle as payment. I'm kinda familiar with the Marlin 336 lever guns but I know nothing about a 30AW and I thinking of just selling it to get my money out of it. I would give the gun a 85-90% rating and from what i know about the 336 this has the JM stamp so it's not a Remlin. Any help is appreciated thanks in advance, Jason.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I do believe a Marlin 30 AW is a 336A. It is basically the same rifle as the other 336 models except the stock is walnut stained regular wood instead of real walnut. The furniture is a little different like the forearm end cap is blued steel. Essentially it is an economy version of the 336. Just as good a rifle with less frills. Value should be pretty much near or slight below the regular 336. I have owned the 336's regular and cowboy with the 24" barrel. They are all good shooters.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
The 30 series Marlins were plain janes sold at discount houses. There is nothing wrong with them as shooters. As discount models they have a lower value, but you already own it, so shoot it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Put up a couple pictures and entertain some offers?
Hopefully you can recoup the amount need for doing the auto repair.

DGH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts