Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this should be in shooting related, but I think it should. I am going to be in Fort Lauderdale on Monday and will have the afternoon open. Since Markham Park does not rent guns and I won't be able to bring mine, would someone be willing to let me use theirs? Is Markham Park open on Monday afternoon? Please let me know. I know this is a little bold of me but I am desperate! Where I live there is no shooting in the winter!!!

trufan

·
Registered
177 Posts
The park is state run so no, no gun rentals, however there is a club portion to the club that has a bunch of really cool people who'd gladly welcome you and lend you a gun, as far as shooting on monday goes ...no luck there ; the club is open every other day of the week to the public except monday when it is open from 6-9pm exclusively for a spectacular youth program which is run by fantastic coaches and volunteers ; I'll have you know that in this program at this park are the 2013 grand american doubles jr and sub jr champions both with 100/100 in the grand american double and shot off to win it too! .....pretty neat program they've got if you've got the time and your near come pass by and say hello however unless your under 18 no shooting:(
so bring your son. daughter, or grandchildren they are sure to enjoy, with parental permission of course :D happy holidays!

Federico

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Federico! I had a feeling it may be a stretch to borrow a gun but you never know. I drove over there the last time I was in Florida and looked around. Quite a facility!!!! I am in the frozen north and not much for shooting this time of year and was hoping I could get some in while I am there. Oh well, maybe next time.

trufan

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
As much as I enjoy shooting, I would not do so unless I shot my own gun, which fits me to a T. What's the point of shooting at a target just to hear and feel a gun go bang and sometimes when you miss, you don't even know why?

JMHO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts