Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm talking to Up North Outfitters of Decorah IA. about a snow goose hunt in NW Missouri in March. Has anyone done any hunting with this outfitter, or have another outfitter I might contact? Recommendations and actual hunt experiences would really be helpful.Thanks.........

·
Registered
88 Posts
We have hunted with up North 3 time's they are a good outfitter, have had some very good days 50+ geese and some slow days 2-3 per field it is all about timing, as is every hunt. If I was going I would try very hard to get Tryg for the guide he is the best we have hunted with and has a very good dog for retrievals

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes I have hunted with Up north go for the 3 or 4 day had 50+ bird days. hunted north of mound city. If I go back I would take 7 hunters and get are own fields and not mix with other hunters.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I hunted with these people about 5 years ago, my son came home on leave from Iraq to join me, we hunted in the mound city area, for for the 2 and half day hunt, with mixed hunters, and we had a great time, only problem was at that time we had to clean our own geese, we killed over 65 geese between the 2 of us. other than the cost, we would do it again in a second. they used final flight laydown blinds and had a good recorded calling machine, I do recomend this outfitter. you will have a great time.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Flatland outfitter, kip Zarse is the guides name, very very good luck with them. Worst day with them was 35, best 2 day total was 266. Highly recommend these guys. I can get you his number if you are interested. $175 per day. Well worth it. And your stomach will hurt from laughing after 2 days. Ive shot anywhere from 7-11 boxes of shells in a 2 day hunt. The second afternoon you are afraid to pull the trigger!!!! They hunt in southren illinois and then move to sw iowa in late feb. 4000 decoys.

·
Vendor
7,490 Posts
i am from the mound city area and would be more than happy to talk to you about outfitters-- who you mention is very good -but as said above- timing and maybe having your own field sometimes makes for a better hunt-- i shoot w/ the local gamewarden from mound city and cud give you his phone # for his perspective--the conservation dept truely want hunters to succeed and also come back to the area!!! wally riebesell 660-744-4115 cst

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.