Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Making a Hash of the Second Amendment"

"Harvard historian Jill Lepore has a piece attacking gun rights in the latest New Yorker, and a follow-up post on the magazine’s website. Most of it is basically what you’d expect: some numbers about gun violence, some horrifying anecdotes about people who’ve misused guns, some reporting from a gun range, some artsy writing (“a gun is a machine made to fire a missile that can bore through flesh”), and an overarching history of the gun-rights movement.

More irksome, however, is Lepore’s analysis of the Second Amendment’s meaning. By leaving out or misrepresenting key historical details, she shortchanges the idea that the Second Amendment protects an individual right..."

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/296922/making-hash-second-amendment-robert-verbruggen

·
Molon Labe
11,981 Posts
It 85 degrees here and humid, but it should bring some rain this weekend

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
64 in southeast Pa. but there calling for rain tommorow. Thursday night for the past 15 years some friends and I shoot 50 targets then have dinner, guess I'll just stay home and load more 5.56 and 7.62's.

·
Registered
29,226 Posts
Well we had a nice day here in Denver, but no shooting today, as the club was closed for some repair work on the rifle and pistol berms.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
This warm weather has got me bugging up. I gotta get my shoulder rehabbed so I get that shotgun out.

·
Premium Member
11,991 Posts
Sunny today in SE PA - wind was up, so it made the targets really interesting.

Rain due tomorrow...

·
Banned
3,881 Posts
Watch out for ticks, particularly deer ticks. I pulled a lone star off my belly button Sunday morning but they are only rarely vectors for Lyme disease.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Last two days here in northern NY have been miserable. 30's in the PM, 40's in the day, a little snow, some hail, some rain and a cold breeze. Yuck! We want our warm weather back.

ctreay

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
We got home from Fl. 2 weeks ago, I knew we should have stayed another month...

·
Registered
683 Posts
For mrskeet and all others, it might be interesting to know that Miller took the
first train to no where and his attny. also didn't attend the hearing before the Supremes. With no complaintant, the Supremes could have written the first chapter of War and Peace.

·
Registered
25,278 Posts
What's the weather like at that Whites Only gun club, Skeety?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.