Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh well ... better in the dealers parking lot than on the farm after ya sign the paperwork.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope john Deere has a better repair turnaround policy than some gunsmiths or they may not get that tractor back till next winter.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I wonder if he got a bump on the head? That would be a pretty good ride.

2 years ago our local coop lost a 3-wheel tarra-gator with dry box off the edge of a county road. The county had just finished some dirt work and re-grading on the shoulder. The gator driver pulled to the edge to meet a car and the dirt gave away under the weight and it rolled on it's side in the bottom of 8' ditch. Driver wasn't seriously hurt.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hit the link for some nice pictures of side-hill combines at work out west. Keep scrolling down there are several pictures in this long thread. Beautiful scenery.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Make a farmer cry???..........I thought you were taking down one of his mail boxes where he receives his government checks. lol

As for the tractor, no biggie.

Whenever this happens, John Deere loves it.

They get to charge the insurance company the full cost of the tractor, and pocket the difference, and they get to build a new tractor to replace the one that is totaled.

It doesn't take much for them to total them, as they would rather do that than take a chance on someone getting a faulty tractor.

Hauxfan!

E

·
0 Posts
That green tractor will be easy to hide in the fence row! That's the reason why JD painted them green in the first place!

ec90t

·
Registered
521 Posts
Let's be honest....

It will be for sale at the dealer next week. "Scratch and Dent -- oops, we bumped it with the forklift; take 10% off" and some unknowing schmuck will buy it.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I always thought farmin was a back breakin no money makin always needed charity farm-aid line of work.

I guess thats wrong if they be drivin tractors worth more than most people can afford for a house. Ya know that reminds me most farmers I see are driving fancier cars and trucks than I could even think about trying to afford and ... well ... it seems farmin is one heck of a great money makin buisness if they can afford $200K tractors.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dang ... I just realized its all tax-breaks and goverment farm programs ... I wonder if I can a ride on one of those $200k tractors since I could semi-technicly be part owner of.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
LUMPER stop before you really look stupid . Farming takes alot of money alot of big money . The rate of return is small for the investment . Why don,t you invest two million or more in a business and then have every one set the price of your product for you . You bitch with your mouth full of cheap food .

KEYBEAR

·
Registered
16,540 Posts
Big farming is not an easy lot. Price fluctuations can make a fair year into a disaster that takes a long time to recoup.

Small farming (old Farmall, 2 row picker, etc) is a tough life because the income potential is low.

My father in law paid more to truck his crop one year than he got paid.

Buuuuuut......why haul the grain box away with the big money tractor when you have a pickup sitting there? Serious question, I really don't know the answer.

HM

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.