• Other (Explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the evolution of technology we, as a shooter, are able to see our counterparts /or our success and demise upon completion of an event. In your opinion which shoot software do you feel the most comfortable with; shooter, shoot manager, creeper, fan of many. Almost all of the systems are cloud based, some are still "hard-server", for almost instantaneous access for our needs; pre-squad, payouts, results, all shooter scores. What system(s) are your local clubs/leagues, large shoots near you and state shoots running. What do you as a shooter want to see more of and what improvements could be made? This is not directed completely toward registered trap.

· Registered
427 Posts
Our club host 4 ATA (1st @ 70 people others at 30 plus people) tournaments and one non-registered Team Shoot (88 Squads average). We use 3S for the ATA events and I export the scores to a spread sheet to determine class and special category winners or ties, prepare Trap & Field in spreadsheet, newspaper report for all trophy winners in excel (then converted Word) to send to paper. When I get home after the shoot then I publish our results on the internet in 3 places, this fourm, our club web page, and the ATA page for our club. It takes like 7 pages of PDF file I also include who won lewis money and class trophy's and who and when checks with amounts will be paid if not paid on day of event.
Here is a link to our last event results:https://shootata.com/Portals/0/pdf/results/U158764_ResultsFileName.pdf
Mike P
Muscoda Trap Club

· Registered
442 Posts
Improvements that can be made:
  • I do not understand why we have to wait until the end of the day to see scores. Scores are posted as score sheets come in and are stapled up outside of the clubhouse, put on TV/virtual scoreboards, etc. Sporting clay systems (Winscore Online, ScoreChaser, iClays) regularly update scores throughout the day. The information is already available - why can't this be posted as scores come in?
  • I'd like the ability to pre-squad and pay everything besides options up front. I should be able to be signed up, show up and get classified, and go to the registrar and pay my $ for options. If I made an error or squadded with people I cannot shoot with because of penalty yardage or punching back, then I should have to resquad. I'm glad this is becoming an option, I do not know why people have put up with waiting in a line that could be completely avoided.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.