Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hBt-99+ that I have been shooting for a little less than a year. purchased brand new.

I have put between 15k to 18k rounds through it already. Been shooting a lot of ATA/local leagues.

Should I send in it to browning for a look through? or do I just keep shooting it til something breaks? Or is there a time or round count protocol to get certain parts checked out.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Keep it cleaned and lubed. You'll be surprised at how long that old boy will shoot without problems :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Find yourself a reliable gunsmith and have an inspection/cleaning/parts replacement done annually. You may be able to find one locally or within reasonable driving distance for a once-a-year visit. I found mine at my State ATA shoot and meet him there every year for my XT's annual going-through. I was glad I had developed a working relationship with the man when my first XT broke a part that took the entire receiver with it. There are any number of smiths in the country who would provide a much faster turn-around for an annual than the factory will. Others here may be able to offer some suggestions.
Do you have any recommendations of gunsmith I can contact when that time comes? Pref over on the East coast

·
Registered
375 Posts
I like to take the stock off and squirt the guts out once a year.
If you pick up a copy of "Tech Writer Jeff" Meloy's book on the BT-99 you may never need a gunsmith. Jeff will explain everything with pictures and exploded views. He has help me resolve a few problems with mine. BT's a fairly easy to work on with a minimum of specialty tools. If you would like to get intimate with your BT check out his book.

So do you have the new Plus, which is not like the old Plus, more like the old Max? Kind of confusing ~ Mich

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like to take the stock off and squirt the guts out once a year.
If you pick up a copy of "Tech Writer Jeff" Meloy's book on the BT-99 you may never need a gunsmith. Jeff will explain everything with pictures and exploded views. He has help me resolve a few problems with mine. BT's a fairly easy to work on with a minimum of specialty tools. If you would like to get intimate with your BT check out his book.

So do you have the new Plus, which is not like the old Plus, more like the old Max? Kind of confusing ~ Mich
I have the " new plus" which iis basically a BT100 w/o drop out trigger.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have the " new plus" which iis basically a BT100 w/o drop out trigger.
Not really, while they may have the same silhouettes and resemble each other externally these two guns are completely different inside.
Yours is like the old BT-99 Max (my go to gun).

Again, I would recommend checking out Jeff Meloy's book on the BT-99, available from Gun Show Books Publishing.
Good shoot'n~ Mich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts