Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am asking opinions, likes and dislikes of the magnet option on the soft touch or prosoft stocks? I know it's necessary for those who pull the gun in tight but I'm wondering if people find it to help or hurt them on doubles. Also curious if adding the extra weight in the stock is a factor to be concerned about with a currently 9lb gun? Thanks for any advice!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
There is no option on the ProSoft, they all come with a magnet. The magnet is adjustable if needed, I have never needed to adjust mine. Mine breaks around 42 lbs. You can test yours by setting the recoil pad on a bathroom scale, and slowly push down, till the magnet breaks. Adjust if needed, I have two, my wife has one, they were perfect the way Phil sends them out.

I love mine for doubles, but your opinion may differ.

As far as the weight, it's a non issue for me and all my friends that have one.

I have a couple of friends that have the Soft Touch stock, the moment I try to mount the gun it starts collapsing . Not for me. They do have a magnet option, that one I don't know anything about.

Tom

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
I really loved my first ProSoft and shot some terrific scores with it! My new ProSoft is much heavier and I love this one even more! It helps reduce even more felt recoil!!

Once the magnet is set, you can forget it's in there as mentioned above! The design of the magnetic system breaks the contact the instant the gun is fired.

HAPpy with my ProSoft!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts