Trapshooters Forum banner

Magnetic Gun Rack For Truck - whats out there?

987 17
I have seen a few of these in the past and am now interested in one. What's everyone like?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,501 Posts
I personally wouldn't use one of these, I bought one way back when, used it once at a bigger shoot, friends guns and mine leaned against my truck, worked great till somebody sat on my tailgate, truck shifted downward, guns almost tipped over, threw the thing in the dumpster,,, now it's your choice to get one but I sure wouldn't trust one ever again,,, there was 60 grand worth of guns almost tipped over onto themselves then the gravel.....Steve

· Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I personally wouldn't use one of these, I bought one way back when, used it once at a bigger shoot, friends guns and mine leaned against my truck, worked great till somebody sat on my tailgate, truck shifted downward, guns almost tipped over, threw the thing in the dumpster,,, now it's your choice to get one but I sure wouldn't trust one ever again,,, there was 60 grand worth of guns almost tipped over onto themselves then the gravel.....Steve
Don’t do it, I saw a guy pull away and dump two guns on the ground. So, +1 for above^^^

LOL yes I have had these fears for a long time, mainly of some one tripping over the stocks.

· Registered
1,830 Posts
Has anyone left there gun leaning against their vehicle and come back and found it gone? If so I don't think your gun is covered by insurance but don't know for sure. I do believe there needs to be proof of a break in to your vehicle. It would be nice if Larry from Gun and Trophy would chime in here.

PD

· Registered
1,008 Posts
Go to LUMBERNUT.COM website. This fellow makes the best out there. Made from wood with a padded back on them so they will scratch anything. Then he installs 60 pounds of earth magnets in the back to hold it in place. I have had one for many years and would not give it up. If you forget to remove it when you leave the shoot, it will be right where you put it. You will not loose it. He also makes other products. Great guy to work with.

· Registered
36,815 Posts
I have the 4 gun magnet rack you can buy from Shotgun Sports Magazine and I have 2 of the single gun caddy.

The gun caddy hold the barrel snugly with two fingers. I think it comes in different name brands. I use it to hold my gun while I am digging around in my car for shells, bag, glasses, etc.

· Registered
5,687 Posts
If you got 2 of them you could mount them horizontally and just leave them there till you get home.
I like to put my guns in a sleeve and back in the vehicle until I shoot next. I've seen too many "oh shit" moments happen with guns leaned against a vehicle or laid in the bed of a pickup.
Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

· Registered
13,498 Posts
I expect if you place the holder on the front fender on the drivers side. You will not have any issues driving off with the guns in place. Since they will be right there in your vision. You should be able to sit on the tailgate without issues as well.
Larry told me my shotgun is covered by insurance while it is in any gun rack when I travel to a registered shoot. I'd ask Larry to get exact verification though. I just open the back of my Rav-4 and rest the open shotgun over the headrest on the rear seat. It sits there out of the way, locked up, and ready to go until I shoot. If I need to leave the club for any reason, I can see my shotgun in the rear view mirror when I back up. Before I get on the road. So I'm good. break em all jeff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.