Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot the Ohio State Shoot last week and noticed the workers picking up hulls and dumping them in the trash. Lots of premium hulls going to the dump!

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
OK, let me ask a question from the uninformed since I’ve never been to a big shoot. Is is permissible to dumpster dive after the shoot?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
It depends on the shoot rules. Some will specify that all hulls picked up from the ground become property of the club or hosting organization. If in doubt, ask someone in charge.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Every shoot I’ve been to, whether large or small, has had a rule you can not pick up hulls once they hit the ground. More than likely it’s a rule caused by shooters doing dumb stuff like picking up the hulls in between boxes.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,024 Posts
More than likely it’s a rule caused by shooters doing dumb stuff like picking up the hulls in between boxes.
I've damn near tripped over someone picking up someone else's empties while changing posts so this gets my vote as well.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I used to dumpster dive at my local club, now my friends feel sorry for me and give me once fired Nitro 27’s. I have enough now for the rest of my life so I share with others.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
People get really crazy about hulls. Just go to Walmart, buy STS for less than 7 bucks a box, shot them, and now you have great once fired hulls. Or buy them for the vendors here for a nickel each. Trap shooting is an expensive hobby, and I just can't see the cost of hulls making a difference.

·
Registered
250 Posts
One solution that has worked for me at some shoots is to just make a deal beforehand w/some of the trap kids to pick 'X' kind of hulls up for you and get w/them afterwards. I think the rule(s) about not picking up hulls during a shoot are for both safety and to keep the flow smooth. And those rules have been in place for years at numbers of shoots.

W/all the Wuhan virus mandates in place at present, it is more than challenging enough to run shoots efficiently and no one would welcome any activity that would further slow things down, but it won't interfere w/anything if you can do as suggested above. Just saying.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts