Trapshooters Forum banner
161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
I still believe most people are honest
I do too!!! I was shooting at the new shooting club here in West Palm Beach today. I found a shoot card that had almost 60 bucks of targets left on it in the card reader!!! I took it and turn it in at the office after I was done shooting for the day. This is the second shooting card I have found at this same shooting club since its opened. So I can tell you with certainty that there are some honest folks still out there.
Sorry to hear about your buddies 4 boxes of AA's being stolen though. Times are changing though. I rarely see shooters leaving there vehicles open during a shoot. Most guns are placed inside the vehicle and locked these days. Here in South Florida we have lots of tourism. Way To many Folks come down for a few months and head back up North!!! Not all of them are good people. We get a lot of vagrant snowbirds as well. Its much warmer down here during the winter for them as well.
Anyway good Luck on getting your Kolar repaired and back in your hands again. I'm sure it will be better than new. I too say get the high gloss finish. For no other reason except you look so much better when you miss a target!!!!! lol.

PS I use standard 30 weight motor oil to store all my guns long term. I just dip a cloth in the oil and wipe all metal parts with the oil. A very light coat is all that is needed. Store shotgun stock up in the safe. Place barrel on a small piece of rubber. I simply wipe off all the oil when I want to shoot the gun again. If you coat the barrel correctly, the oil will not run down the barrel. I have used Rig oil as well. Nothing wrong with it. It will work just fine too. break em all jeff

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
I do too!!! I was shooting at the new shooting club here in West Palm Beach today. I found a shoot card that had almost 60 bucks of targets left on it in the card reader!!! I took it and turn it in at the office after I was done shooting for the day. This is the second shooting card I have found at this same shooting club since its opened. So I can tell you with certainty that there are some honest folks still out there.
Sorry to hear about your buddies 4 boxes of AA's being stolen though. Times are changing though. I rarely see shooters leaving there vehicles open during a shoot. Most guns are placed inside the vehicle and locked these days. Here in South Florida we have lots of tourism. Way To many Folks come down for a few months and head back up North!!! Not all of them are good people. We get a lot of vagrant snowbirds as well. Its much warmer down here during the winter for them as well.
Anyway good Luck on getting your Kolar repaired and back in your hands again. I'm sure it will be better than new. I too say get the high gloss finish. For no other reason except you look so much better when you miss a target!!!!! lol.

PS I use standard 30 weight motor oil to store all my guns long term. I just dip a cloth in the oil and wipe all metal parts with the oil. A very light coat is all that is needed. Store shotgun stock up in the safe. Place barrel on a small piece of rubber. I simply wipe off all the oil when I want to shoot the gun again. If you coat the barrel correctly, the oil will not run down the barrel. I have used Rig oil as well. Nothing wrong with it. It will work just fine too. break em all jeff
If I lived in Los Angeles or the Bay area they would steal the shotgun and cut down the barrel.
Not safe places here on the west coast.
Steve

·
Registered
SKB 85TSS; Beretta 694
45 Posts
Kolar call this morning.. Went over what I wanted done. Had pleasant phone call. Likely it should be back next week.
Steve
OP, (aka Steve) how’d the gun turn out. I’m sure Kolar held up their outstanding reputation and gave you a great product back. Hope it all worked out and you got your baby back.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
OP, (aka Steve) how’d the gun turn out. I’m sure Kolar held up their outstanding reputation and gave you a great product back. Hope it all worked out and you got your baby back.
It has been there a week. Should hear from them soon
Steve

161 - 165 of 165 Posts