·
Supporting Vendor
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
up

·
Registered
464 Posts
Jim, I just set my 800+ up. Bought it used but the machine is like new. I noticed that the bushing access holes on the plastic base offsets just enough that you can not remove the bushings. Is this somewhat normal for the plastic bases? I see you alum bases may correct that issue. If yours fixes that problem I would be interested in one. Dale

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Dale,

On my 800+, I just pull the tooth bar that drives the shot and powder cogs forward and that brings the bushings forward more for removal. It sounds like Jim repositioned them to accomodate the tooth bar not rolling the shot and powder bushings far enough forward.

I don't have Jim's aluminum base and I can tell you that the plastic PW base will allow powders like PB and 7625 to leak a little. Looks like some one sprinkled a little pepper around your loader and on the bench. If I ultimately decide to keep my 800+ along with the used Patriot I just got, I will probably spring for an aluminum base.

John E.

·
Supporting Vendor
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some play can develop between the upper actuating arm and the lower actuating arm. This play reduces the travel of the rack. If you take hold of the rack when the operating handle is down and pull it out you will rotate the gears to their maximum position. Then you will be able to remove the bushings. The index marks on the gears and the rack MUST be aligned correctly.

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thanks guys, the above worked. But I am going to buy one of Jim's alum bases anyway. Something about the plastic I just don't like.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I got mine today...GREAT QUALITY!!! Now I just need to get the the press working, but the this part is dialed in...Highly recommend!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just received a complete setup with the base/hoppers. I'm very pleased with the design and quality of the product. Jim was excellent to deal with!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Jim:
Do you have the "primer Ram" I think it's called. It's the part that shoves the 209 primer into the base for priming. It's about 2.5" long, 1/4" square & has a hook end to move the primer with. Wayne Downham

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just got the whole shooting kaboodle in an 800 plus PW unit for all 4 gauges with Jim's addon's. Jim and PW have been great to work with and all came through exceeding expectations. Have only used 12 gauge setup so far, but the loader works flawlessly and makes some great shells.

And best of all my objective of reducing press space on my bench has been achieved; no more switching between different style presses to get my reloading done. Jim - thanks!
Leonard (AKA Game Warden)

·
Registered
314 Posts
This is the best product I have bought foe my 800 plus.It lots me use real fine powder with out gumming up.It throws even amounts.thank you Jim

·
Supporting Vendor
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To the Top

·
Supporting Vendor
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
up

·
Registered
348 Posts
Jim I assume your base will fit the PW Platinum 2000 reloader?
Also is ebay the best way to order aluminum plate or would you prefer another avenue?
Thanks Amigo,
Art

1 - 19 of 19 Posts