Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been going through some old files on my computer and ran across these pics of a Model 21 20 that we upgraded for a good friend a few years ago. Started as a pretty well used field gun. We restocked it in high quality American walnut with a leather covered pad, hand polished the entire gun, set the trigger pulls and timed the ejectors. the barrels were rust blued and the rest of the gun was charcoal blued. The trigger was gold plated.

John Vucos did the engraving. Almost 100 individual gold enlays. Gun resides in a Marvin Huey case.

BTW,I am not looking for work. Too old.I just wanted to share some pics of a nice gun.

Bruce Bowen
Sturgis SD

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Wow thank you for the pics. Hope in the future I am able to afford such an project.

Brady Gies

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Yes, everything is beautiful with this gun, except the pictures don't tell us anything. I would love to see a real picture of this gun.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Very nice looking gun!

Thanks for sharing.

Steve

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Roger,

You are one of the few that understands the "wear you out" part.

This thread set a new record for me. It only took three replies to go negative.

Respectfully to you Roger.

Bruce Bowen
Sturgis South Dakota

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Bruce said this gun was done years ago, so probably the only pictures he has of it.

Very nice!

·
Registered
997 Posts
A little work on Photoshop should make it a little easier to see the beautiful work done on this little gem - couldn't do much with the wood but it does look nice. Looks like a very nice "gentleman's" pheasant gun.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
That's quite nice! A gun I would certainly be proud to own.

Steve

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
That is one wonderful package even the stock. Who did this work? The fleur de lis looks like the design of John Durkin from Winchester, but the metalwork sure didn't come from Winchester.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Setterman,

I did the stock work and the metal polishing. My employee, Aaron Smith did the checkering. It is the Winchester pattern but of a little different quality. The engraving was done by John Vucos. The rust and charcoal blueing was done next door here in Sturgis, South Dakota. I did the detailing on the metal and the final assembly. Thanks for your compliments.

DBBill, Thanks for enhancing the pics. Nice work.

Bruce Bowen
Sturgis SD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts