Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a milled rib M-12 trap made in 1940 with a unique trigger. It is a lever that replaces the safety. Forward is release, straight down is pull & back is on safe. Any idea who did this conversion? Thanks

·
Banned
1,005 Posts
Would you post a couple pics. I have never seen one and curious as to what to look for it I come across one in the future.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I had a Trap M12 like that. It was done by Phillip Crenwelge a few years ago. However it used the factory safety button and switched functions with left and right movement. In effect the gun no longer had a true safe position. Long time ago I saw a true Pigeon Grade M12 sell quite cheap at a gun show because it had, " a real funny trigger"!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I just bought a milled rib M-12 trap made in 1940 with a unique trigger. It is a lever that replaces the safety. Forward is release, straight down is pull & back is on safe. Any idea who did this conversion? Thanks
My guess is a Herb Orr style made on a Crowe Safety. NOT Crowfoot as many Jake Legs call them.

·
Ljutic Nut
2,941 Posts
I was a trap boy years ago when model 12's were very popular. Most the release triggers on model 12's were built that way. I have a couple of them now, Phillip built one of them.

Reactions: JSkolar1

·
Registered
540 Posts
I was a trap boy years ago when model 12's were very popular. Most the release triggers on model 12's were built that way. I have a couple of them now, Phillip built one of them.
A lot of them were hook and peg design back then. The later generation ones were where they notched the back of the hammer. Both styles worked well. Many removed the trigger lock (safety) completely so it could not be put on to safe. Back then it was a lost target.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts