Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a trap shooting friend that has started making stuff for trap shooters out of lumber .... very nice stuff and well made! Some of you may have seen some of it at some of the shoots that Big Papa has been to this last summer.

Flag Case's

Gun Vise's

Magnetc Gun Rest

Spring Loaded - Shell Cutter's

Trap Station Gun Rest Magnetc.

Hey and also if you think of some thing that would work for a trap shooters or in your reloading room out of wood let me know send me a picture and I will run it by my friend that's making this stuff...... maybe he will add it to his website down the road. He is always looking for some thing to build.

So go check it out!

Rick in Ohio

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a picture of the Flag Case that my wife wanted the Lumber Nut to build for her dad's flag.

" Walnut"

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MX2G

Hear a picture of my gun vise that the Lumber Nut built me two years ago.... I use it a lot and it still looks like nice.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hear is a picture of my Station Rest that I used this last summer. It has some wear on it but it still works really good.

I am trying it out on a winter trap league now to see how it holds up and so far its working good. Its been out in the snow 4 times now.

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
very nice stuff!! I know the raffle deal would be a good club item but the 150.00 would scare off the decision makers. Looks like everything else is very reasonable.

·
Registered
823 Posts
HiMark, Do you REALLY think $150 is to much!!!! He has purchased the wood (walnut), has to make all of pieces, fit them to precision, glue and screw them etc. I will bet you the price of one of these tumblers that he is getting about $5 per hour for his work. What a bargin at that price but only is you need one. His work is nothing short of OUTSTANDING and he is a great guy to workwith.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
ordered 3 items when I first saw this post last month, they arrived very quickly, packaged very very good and the items were more than I expected. The workmanship was excellent and for the price I paid for the items, I thought were a steal at the price.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ziegmund

Thanks for coming back on here and putting in a nice ward in for the Lumber Nut. He is not on here much but I will pass it on to him about what you posted.

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
Big Papa...

Cost does not equal value. I never ever said it was not WORTH it. What I did say is most clubs probably would not spend that much for that item. This is NOT based on the quality/craftsmanship as I stated his stuff looks "very nice". I was merely stating clubs most likely would not spend that much when another item will serve that purpose. My comment was intended to help this seller as he may see this product as one of to much expense including the hours of labor to be able to bring it to this target market at a price point clubs will buy. I would post a link to show you but out of respect for the Lumber Nut and his products I will refrain but I am sure you get the point.

·
Registered
823 Posts
himark, thanks for the comeback. You are correct in the fact a lot of trapshooting clubs probably not spend the money for this item. I misunderstood you. Sorry.

I know the LUMBERNUT. He is a great guy to do business with and his products are fantasic for the price. You see ZIEGMUND's comments above. In most cases he is just recouping his cost in the material. I have been using his products for over a year now. I had a lot of folks ask me at various shoots that I attended last year, where did you get those items. We have never seen these products at any of the vendors. So, I brought some with me to various shoots and folks bought all of the items he sent with me. I told him he needed to set up a website and sell these items on line. If you try him products, you will have folks at your club asking you "where did you buy that item", I want one of them especially after you tell them the price of the item!!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I just received the two magnetic gun barrel rests, made from natural oak, and the quality is absolutely great. Very, very good product(s). Give this gentleman a try, please. …….Thanks again, Rob in Missouri

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I posted this ad for the Lumber Nut back on Dec 23 2013 with a tracking code that give who ever order some thing from the Lumber Nut free shipping and it also let the Lumber Nut where is come from and who posted his ad. Well this morning from the Moderator for trapshooters.com change the ad and took off the code and sent me a e-mail telling me not to be putting a code on this ad. He just took away the free shipping to every one. So if you like to still order some thing from the Lumber Nut website PM me and I will pass the free shiping code on to you.

I am trying to clear it up with the Moderator so I can repost the code.

Just to let you know I am not upset with the Moderator he is just trying to do his job.

So if you would like this code due PM me for it till we can clear this up where I can repost it or you can go ahead and order from his website but due tell him that you seen his ad that Rick in Ohio posted for him.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just ordered the gun vise this weekend. I ordered off the Lumber Nut website. The code is posted there and automatically attaches to order when you process your payment.
Jeff

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JRANDALL1

You most have got your order in before the Moderator change my link that I posted to use. IF anyone order now till we get this fix they will not get the free shiping less they PM me to get the right link. I am working with Dave on here and he trying to fine out why the link was change. I am just about sure he's going to let me repost it.

But for right now PM me before you order anything or if you don't care about getting the free shiping go ahead and order.

JRANDALL1 your going to like the vise when you get it, I have one myself and I really like it. Make sure you come back and let me know think of it when you get it.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Rick,
The magnetic gun rests are truly unique. Quality is the best. To anyone interested, please do yourself a favor, and look at this line of genuine solid wood products from a real gentleman. Thanks again,…….Respectfully, Rob in Missouri

1 - 20 of 33 Posts