Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just returned from my Christmas break in so California. While I was there I decidede to visit Lucio in his new digs too have a barrel fitted. It was pretty cool to watch a master at work.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,334 Posts
Took my new (old) MX-8 single barrel to his new place about a month ago because it looked, ever since I bought it, like the milling on the rib had been worn off from 3+ decades of use. The O/U rib was perfect, but the single looked like crap. Il Maestro informed me that it wasn't worn, but it was "clogged up".

Twenty minutes later after a little wire brush treatment and a spot of cold blue, I've got an as-new rib on the single. He's good and I'm occasionally an idiot.

I also enjoyed meeting Tim and holding a brief wood clinic while in the shop. Two very capable gentlemen.

Mike Mann

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Simply the best. He makes a great Espresso/Grappa drink as well. I enjoy just listening to his stories of when he was a kid in Gardonne/Brescia. Really interesting and historical information on how the independent gun makers that we all know of now, started out from nothing. Great guy.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's best to call him first. The new shop is in small commercial complex with an antiques sign over the door. No mention of guns on the door or window but some of the nicest guns you will ever see inside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts