Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
You can really get carried away experimenting with different lubes, oils, etc. There seems to be an endless supply available, sometimes at crazy prices. I have tried then all and found standard 30 weight motor oil to be as good, or better, in most cases, than any of the other I've used. Shotguns are not high speed, high friction machines that require some exotic liquid miracle to keep them in first class working condition. It's just a hunk of steel that requires a good oiling now and then to keep the rust at bay and keep moving parts functioning.... Just my opinion... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. Do you guys somehow put it into a large syringe and apply it that way? Kind of like the lube in a tube thing.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Red and Tacky...... Kind of reminds me of an old girl frend. Lester

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
I just pop the hood, pull the oilstick, and dab a little.

if I have the old ford or murc, I just reach under and catch a drip or two..

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I was using it boy it does make a mess I get it everywhere. I have switched to Husky bar oil just a drop here and there the stuff really sticks.....John

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
goose2... We're not bathing the gun in it, simply one drop here and there as required. For years, Perazzi recommended only using motor oil, but, hey, what do they know anyway?... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi Joe, I use the Lucas Red and Tacky from Home Depot stores or automotive stores. It only about five bucks for a grease cartridge of it. I put it in plastic syringes and put a small wire nut on them. I use this on all my hi end trap guns. A tube will last you two lifetimes. It's a medium red color and when it starts to turn a little darker- I clean it off and apply new. Lee

1 - 16 of 16 Posts