Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used the red Lucas Oil grease that is sold in auto parts stores to lube the pivot points on an over and under? Neil

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guy at our gun club once told me that he thought some of the commercially available gun greases were actually automotive greases but just sold in different packaging. The large tubes would be alot cheaper. Neil

·
Registered
767 Posts
I use the Lucas Oil "Red and Tacky #2" it works very well and I believe the tube I bought will last my lifetime.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
<blockquote><I>"I guy at our gun club once told me that he thought some of the commercially available gun greases were actually automotive greases but just sold in different packaging."</I></blockquote>I'd be really surprised if that was the case. Companies that sell "gun grease" most likely buy it mixed to their specs from companies that blend stocks to order. Auto greases need additives that gun greases don't need; additives raise the cost. A simple grease in a small container makes more profit than a more expense grease in the same quantity would make.

MK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.