Trapshooters Forum banner

What's your opinion of the Ljutic LTX vs. Caesar Guerini Summit combo vs Beretta 682 Gold E combo?

• Ljutic LTX

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Beretta 682 Gold E Combo

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • CG Summit Combo

Votes: 9 37.5%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what everyone's experiences have been with these platforms with regard to longevity / overall craftsmanship? I get that this is a First World Problem but, I have all three and I'm not in a position to get out and really drive each gun individually to create some strong feelings either way. (I came into these guns, I didn't buy them)

I've read a lot on each but it seems the strongest voices in favor are always anyone that owns one or someone that got rid of theirs but loved it nonetheless. There is some literature that seemed as if it would make my choice easy when the CG Summit had a time of concern for an exploding gun; a time when it was banned from use on some ranges and clubs. However, further reading provided reasoning that all instances had to do with hot reloads. Since I don't reload, I'm not too concerned about that.

I guess I'm looking to hear from people that have some good experience behind at least two, if not all three, of these guns. This is not a camouflaged "for sale" add but I want to put away a couple for my kids and the less used the better for when they come of maturity to appreciate one. (But they will get some action over the years in between now and then)

Thanks in advance.
VSD6480

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
The Ljutic for singles and handicap. You did not mention barrel length.......So I
would say the Beretta 682 . The CG ain't chopped liver! It is just that the Ljutic
Is especially designed for 2 of the 3 Trap events.Then choose the double that
Fits the best and that you shoot the best for doubles.
Shoot 'em.....they will still be great guns when the kids are big enough to
handle them.

·
Registered
537 Posts
You have no poor choices there, all great guns. I have two CG guns. The only minor issue I have is that the barrel selector is too easily bumped to the right when pressing the lever over to open the gun. Of course the next shot after that results in 'click' instead of 'boom'. It's annoying and I consider it a poor design when it is so easy to switch when in firing position. I prefer my Brownings where it must be switched from the safe position.
Best wishes.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I cant talk to the LTX, but I would take the CG over the B682. The CG just felt more substantial in-hand, which I liked. I also think the CG is a tad more "heads up" style of mount/shooting - if that matters to ya.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I can not say much about Summit or LTX. The 682 is a good gun and seems to hold value well used to be My main gun. But I do like like the feel of the other 2 much better. I do really want both someday. And I love fact the Ljutic is made in USA

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Apples and oranges....the Ljutic is in a whole different class than the other two in terms of durability but you can't really compare a single barrel to an O/U or combo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ Cowboy Rick, both Ljutic barrels are 34" / CG unsingle is 33.5" and the O/U is 32" / 682's single is 34" and the double is 30"
@ all others, thanks for the input. I appreciate you taking a few minutes to reply.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
@ Cowboy Rick, both Ljutic barrels are 34" / CG unsingle is 33.5" and the O/U is 32" / 682's single is 34" and the double is 30"
@ all others, thanks for the input. I appreciate you taking a few minutes to reply.
You said BOTH Ljutic barrels?.....and you are considering anything else?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You said BOTH Ljutic barrels?.....and you are considering anything else?
Yes, haha. One has a rib that runs the length of the barrel with two beads and one has a rib that starts about half way up with one bead. I'm trying to contact Ljutic to find out about the history on it. I got if from my dad and he told me that it was owned by someone in the Ljutic family at one point so it may be a bit different than the other LTXs out there...? (If they normally only come with one barrel based upon your response)

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
No.....some came with more than one barrel......what ever the customer wanted.....
Often a 34...32 combination. Is the half rib an Olympic ( taller) rib?
The Ljutic Company is 99.5 % dedicated to breaking TRAP TARGETS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright, I'm sold on the Ljutic then haha. No, one isn't discernably taller than the other. And they're not adjustable like the CG. I think I'm leaning more toward the Ljutic and the 682 at this point. That CG is pretty and it's barely used so I think I will keep that one locked up longer. Anyway, I appreciate the feedback from all. I guess if it doesn't feel "just right" then I'll mix it up a bit. Big thing is getting some quality trigger time right now!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I don't own a LTX, but I do own a Mono with a mid rib and a Summit as well as a 682. I just recently got the Mono but the other two I have had for a few years. The Beretta in my eyes can't compare to either the CG or the Ljutic. I haven't shot any reg. trap yet with the Ljutic as the season here in Michigan was over before I bought it. But after shooting a few hundred targets with it I'm thinking it will become my 16's and caps gun and the Summit will be my dbls. gun. The faults I have with the Summit is the single barrel doesn't point like the Ljutic and as pointed out in an earlier thread the selector gets easily bumped to the right which on occasion has caused me to fire the top barrel first for dub's. I'm hoping to somehow fix that problem, maybe a small set screw blocking it from moving over. I also don't like the square posts in the adj. comb. All I can say is you won't go wrong with either but I feel a little extra pride shooting the Ljutic because it's American made. Hope this helps and good luck with what ever you decide.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've got the itch for another trap gun so I've not only posted in the thread to help but also to follow. My idea is that I either need a Ljutic or a K80. I'll go back to watching now.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I've got the itch for another trap gun so I've not only posted in the thread to help but also to follow. My idea is that I either need a Ljutic or a K80. I'll go back to watching now.
MBW -
They are both great choices......it is just that the Ljutic is totally designed for
Singles and handicap. If you want a doubles gun ,obviously a K-80 would handle
that.....and you could get a combo. Sample 'me all first !

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have a Browning Broadway and a CG combo (also an 1100), all work quite well. I just have that itch for another. Probably the K80 in a combo or maybe even an older K32 if I found the right one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts