Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Livermore-Pleasanton Rod & Gun Club in Livermore, California is proud to host the 63rd annual Golden West Grand on May 7 to May 11, 2014. Yes, after six decades in The Silver State the tournament will have a new home in The Golden State.

1100 ATA registered targets. For those who remember the "old days," we will be opening the old trap fields on the hill, thus 12 fields in total.

$6,250 in Added Money
$10,000 in Trophies
Gold coins to winners in Championship Events

Dan Orlich is our Grand Marshal, thus the shoot will be dedicated to him.

$33/100 targets + daily fees

Wednesday

Event 1: 100 Singles targets

Event 2: Russ McClennon Memorial Handicap 100 handicap targets

Event 3: Class Doubles Championship 50 pair doubles targets

Thursday

Event 4: Class Singles Championships 100 singles targets

Event 5: White Flyer Handicap 100 handicap targets

Friday

Event 6: Golden West Grand Preliminary Handicap 100 handicap targets

Event 7: Golden West Grand Doubles Championships 50 pair doubles targets

Saturday

Event 8: Golden West Grand Singles Championships 200 singles targets

Sunday

Event 9: Dan Bonillas Handicap (honoring the man) 100 handicap targets

Event 10: Golden West Grand Handicap Championships 100 handicap targets

Norm Volponi will be handling presquad...and master of ceremonies Saturday night's special event.

(Updated as final program)

Maureen Kelley

4000 Dagnino Road, Livermore, CA 94551, Trap Office (925) 449-8780

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just started shooting ATA, so this will be my first Golden West Grand, although I went last year to watch. I'm looking forward to participating this year!

·
Supporting Vendor
1,334 Posts
I'll be attending and will bring a van full of high-grade Myrtle, Maple, Royal Walnut and English Walnut for all to enjoy. If anyone has anything special you want me to bring, PM or email to [email protected] and I'll load it up.

I missed the first GWG in Reno because I was too young. There's no way I'm missing the first one ever at Livermore. Tons of great memories at one of the premier clubs on the West Coast, and I'm sure many more will be made now that Livermore is hosting the GWG.

Question: Did the totem come to California along with the rights to host the shoot?

See everyone there!

Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Livermore, California is in eastern Alameda County. Livermore is considered to be the eastern-most city in the greater San Francisco Bay Region. Please do not confuse our humble town with that of San Francisco or Oakland to the west; nor San Jose in Silicon Valley. Livermore is still considered to be a "cow town." It also has a rich viticulture heritage since the 1850s.

The nearest major airport is Oakland International (26 mi); San Jose International is 31 mi. away; while San Francisco International is 46 mi. away across the bay. There is also Livermore Municipal Airport about 3 mi. away for general aviation--too bad the GWG will be too early for the Colling's Foundation fly-in of WWII aircraft!

If interested in lodgings, see the lprg.org website for best offers at this time. Or PM me for a Livermore Visitors Guide.

Glad you asked a geographer!

MKelley

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holiday Inn Express contacted the gun club directly to offer rates for shooters. If you need weekend room, then call them directly at the number below. Just tell them mention the Livermore Gun Club and/or the Golden West Grand.

(925) 961-9600

3000 Constitution Dr, Livermore, CA 94551

The hotel is about three miles west of the gun club off of I-580 at the Airway exit. The hotel offers free breakfast and complimentary happy hour. Cattlemans restaurant is near by on Kitty Hawk as well as Beeb's Sports Bar and Grill at the Livermore Airport. Wendy's on Airway near Holiday Inn is a good place for a midnight snack.

Please note that I learned a very hard lesson not to rely on the local tourism board Visit Tri-Valley (5075 Hopyard Road, Suite 240; Pleasanton, CA 94588). Jefferey Blair, tourism relations manager, is a lying little metrosexual weasel (can that be libel if it is all true?).

PS--Kids shoot today and the new traps on the old fields worked wonders. Ironing out the little problems.

MKelley

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Golden West Grand Doubles Championship Results

Andrew McClernon 98 Champion by shoot-off with Neil Martinez

Gary Bonetti 97 AAA because Dave Kelly and Kevin Waddell wimped out cause they know Gary would have wipped their asses

David Alcoriza 97 AA

Neil Martinez 98 A lost championship by shoot-off

Matthew Hill 94 B

Leonardo Grassini 92 C

Donald Fornari 80 D by shoot-off with Henri Combel

Kristi Williams 94 LADY

Ron Alcoriza 94 VET by coin flip with Gerry Williams

William Swingle 93 SR VET

Zach O'Neal 91 JUNIOR by shoot-off with Logan Engelman

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Golden West Grand Singles Championships

Jimmy Heller 199 Champion won shoot-off over Warren Hamatani

David Kelly 199 AAA won shoot-off over Gary Bonetti

Warren Hamatani 199 AA winner

William Swingle 196 A winner

Gino Troiano 192 B winner

Edgar Bonilla 184 C winner

Rich Blackstead 184 D winner

Kristi Williams 197 LADY

Vince McNamara 198 SR VET

Gerry Williams 198 VET

Chayton Vega 194 JR

Zach O'Neal 195 SJR

·
Registered
187 Posts
You know you'd better lay low after those comments about my two buddies, Kelly and Kevin, but you have a couple days until someone tells them whats on the computer.

After that, I'd be careful.

Kevin is harmless, but I'm not sure about the other guy!

(8^)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Golden West Grand Handicap Championships

DJ Mello (23 yds) 96 Champion

Clinton Freeman (22 yds) 95 Champion Runner-Up

Jeremy Summers 95 Long Yardage (27 yds)

Matthew Hill 93 Mid Yardage (24-26 yds)

Jim Oakham 92 Short Yardage (18?23 yds)

Ali Viera 89 LADY