Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the lowest pressure that could be shot in 20 degree temps yet maintain constant reliability?

Shooting 7625 right now with 1.125 for some caps loads.

Brady Gies

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with you there 12c1 24 gn pb for me. Outstanding load.

I'm using up some 7625 for winter league and the pressures seem quite a bit lower at the 12-1235 fps mark.

Maybe im over thinking it.

Brady

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
7625 does not like the cold. Neil Winston did some testing with 7625 and Red Dot at cold temps.

The way I remember it.

He loaded them both at 1200fps. He threw them both in a freezer over night. The next day shot them over his chronograph set up, the 7625 was 125fps slower. The Red Dot didn't change.

If I didn't remember this exactly, I'm sure some one will correct me. :)

Ajax

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Neil, It does peak my interest when all the games shooters, in the cold, tell me what a nice load of 7625 they have. It usually means more money for me. Only on a good day.

Thank you for doing the work!

I appreciate all the work (and I know it's work) you do.

Ajax

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome guys thanks.

Brady Gies

Ajax where do you shoot on the westside? my brother lives in Bremerton?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Anymore, mostly at Evergreen,PITA and some games. Our local Cowlitz Gun Club for games every week. We have two traps and a pretty good turn out.

It's been some time since I have shot at Bremerton. Nice club.

Hillsboro, Portland in Oregon.

Ajax

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ajax,

Even some of us that shoot greendot shot your hind end off. Those funny crimps did you well but when you ran out of them we GOTTCHA.

Lyle

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
There is some information on cold weather and loads in the thread "lowest pressure loads" I moved to the top of the threads.

Ajax

1 - 12 of 12 Posts