Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure could especially if the you loose enough to thin your face. I have a shooting friend that experianced this. He just had his gun adjusted slightly and he's back at it.

Matt

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
You will lose upper body strength, your gun fit will be affected. I had to go back to a lighter gun, till I got my strength back.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ED--You didn't find all of it.

Matt

·
2,766 Posts
I assure you that significant weight loss will affect gun fit.

I went to the Grand and Cardinal Classic last year and couldn't hit anything. I'd lost about 45 lbs and didn't realize what the problem was.

Since then, I've lost more for a total of 66 lbs, but Keith Heeg, who winters at the Dollar, has kept my gun fitting as I went down. He's not only a AAA shooter and great stock man, but is a great coach and fitter, too.

I'd like to lose another 20 (without cutting off one of my legs) so I know I will have to watch the fit.

Bob

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I've lost 50lbs so far and it is a real battle to stay on top of my shooting form. I have fallen from AA to A but I am making some headway and hope to be back soon. Some days I have to look to make sure I didn't pick up the wrong gun!!

Rich (losing more) in Indiana

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike--Great idea. Heck i might even get a gun upgrade in that deal. LOL

Matt

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I agree with Rich I've lost about 40 lbs and am having trouble figuring out why I'm dropping targets,I've adjusted my gun so I don't think it's gun fit cause I will ink 15 or 20 targets in a row and then randomly miss a couple targets clean it's like I have to learn my gun all over again.I never have been a AA shooter more like an A/B but right now I'm shooting more 21's than 24's.Jerry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.