Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charles Slough my husband and best friend of 26 years passed on August 22. Thank you to all who have called and offer of help. Terry is helping in planning a Charles Slough Memorial Shoot to be held at Redlands Shooting Park for celebration of his life. We are trying for the October shoot to get things arranged. More information to come on the shoot. Jan Slough

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
We will all certainly miss Charles and his great smile that he always greeted you with. Heaven has a spot reverved just for him and his shotgun.

We all love you Jan. Take care and lets us know if you need anything.

Kevin

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Jan, I am so sorry about your loss. Just thinking about it makes me cry, because I don't know what I'd do without Martin. I hope you quickly find your peace, and remember him every day with a happy heart. I'm sure he would want that for you.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Jan – I’m so sorry to hear about Charles. He was a great guy and I will always remember him for his love & enthusiasm of shooting and breaking clay targets. His love of shooting was contagious and affected all of us that knew him.

I remember the times we all shot together after his knee replacements. He could hardly stand & must have been in much pain. But it seemed there were times when he could almost “will” the targets to break with his energy as he ran his occasional 25’s! It was almost as if he was able to be so determined & concentrate so hard that even without a shell in his gun he probably could break the bird when he pulled the trigger from sheer determination!

I’m sure you know there will always be a little bit of Charles in every shot you ever take.

Barry

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi Jan,
I am so very sorry to hear this. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers, and please remember that we are near by if you need anything,
Mike

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Hi Jan,

You have my most sincere condolences for your loss. I always enjoyed hanging out with you and Charles at any shoot. Let me know if you need anything.

-Aaron

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.