Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would use a 1 1/2 inch recoil pad with a spacer if necessary. Kick Eez makes these. JM

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
You can also use the specific model of Jones Adjuster for a 99 Plus which will add .25" and will give you a lot of extra adjustment range drop/cant/offset

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks. I guess I just can't figure out why a co. would offer an adj. lop that only extends to a normal 14.25". There's a lot of shooters out there that need at least 14.5" to 15". I'm thinking Browning should have left a half inch more wood on the stock. Thanks again.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Suppose that the stock was cut? A MAXIMUM POP of 14" extended seems a bit on the short side to me, but they are all too short for me...
dju

·
Registered
95 Posts
All original. About 98%. Original pad. Uncut stock. I guess that's just the way they are. I shoot 15" length. I'll do the Jones and thick pad. Though a spacer between the plate and pad may work. What type screws hold the pad? Can't see the slots in the pad and really don't want to start jamming around in there with the wrong driver. Thanks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
SB4J the screws are phillips head. Put some vaseline or oil the the screw drive and the hole will close back up. Browning pad suck I have not seem an after market pad that was not better then Browning except maybe a Morgan being equal in value.

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
The Jones pad has steel (helicoil-like) threads in the plate. You can use socket head Allen bolts to attach the pad as long as you get the perfect length. When you get to Ace to buy the bolts, pick several lengths, you'll still have less than 3 bucks in it. Get yourself a T-handle Allen wrench of the correct size. Lube the heads of the Allen bolts. Good luck.

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
95 Posts
I can get 14.75" with the Jones Adjuster, Large Kick-Eez and a .25 spacer. That will work out good enough. I'm sure it's not a micro with a 34" bbl. Although the length from the trigger to the outside of the plate is only 13.125". The gun is definitely unaltered. Thanks all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts