Trapshooters Forum banner

LOP adjustment

3609 Views 18 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  stockguy
hi i need to adjust (increase) the LOP of a gun i just bought can you guys recomend me the best thing to do this thanks
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,829 Posts
For your price limit of $400 you should be able to get what you want and installed and get change. As Josh indicated there are lots of excellent stock guys out there that supply the hardware and do this kind of work. Where do you live? Someone will be able to recommend someone close to you. Bill Malcolm

· Registered
293 Posts
Pictured here is one of my newest installations with the newly updated Hart LOP Adjuster. My website hasn't been updated with the new image and it still shows the older version of the adjuster. Pricing is the same as the replaced version.

This new adjuster features design ideas coordinated by both Greg Hissem Stockworks and Hart Systems. I feel this is the most user friendly and least bulky LOP Adjuster on the market. You adjust the pad positioning through a single point through the back of the pad and adjust the LOP by 1/8" increments through the side of the unit.

Check it out and contact my through my website if I can be of assistance.

Greg Hissem

· Registered
31 Posts
Does the new Hart design offer rotation capabilities for better fit in the shoulder pocket?

I would guess it would since Greg helped design it but with the 2 struts it looks like it wouldn't.

And if it can't, could it be modded to allow for this rotation?

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
293 Posts
On the Hart LOP Adjuster, the pad can rotate 360 degrees, has sideways adjustment capability of 3/8" each way from center, and can be adjusted for drop up to 1 1/8" in it's normal setting with an alternate adaptation to give you a total drop capability of 1 3/4" if need be.

So, the normal cast off at the toe and drop at heel that most shooters use and can benefit from are easily attained.

Greg Hissem

· Registered
2,063 Posts
I install my own lop buttplate using my Bump-Buster hardware without the recoil suppression parts. It is the only lop buttplate on the market that is later upgradeable to a fully adjustable recoil reduction system. The conversion takes 10 minutes.

Ken Rucker

· Registered
293 Posts
Pat,

No, the Hart LOP Adjuster doesn't have pitch adjustment capability. David Hart wanted the installation to remain as sleek as possible and most of the adjustable pitch buttplates get a bit bulky. The entire system looks like a higher quality intstallation if we incorporate any known pitch changes into the stock cut. Country Gentleman makes a good adjustable pitch buttplate if that fits your needs better.

Greg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.