Trapshooters Forum banner

LOP 13.5

2609 Views 39 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Jr720
I have a A400 reduced length Parallel Target with an LOP of 13.5 and an adjustable comp. It fits great and scores have been in the upper teens/lower 20s. I'm possibly looking into an O/U with a similar LOP. What's out there besides the BT99 micro?
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
I have a A400 reduced length Parallel Target with an LOP of 13.5 and an adjustable comp. It fits great and scores have been in the upper teens/lower 20s. I'm possibly looking into an O/U with a similar LOP. What's out there besides the BT99 micro?
BT99 isn’t an o/u.
Beretta 686, Browning XT-CX-CXT-725. Etc.

Reactions: smokintom

· Registered
13,540 Posts
I'm possibly looking into an O/U with a similar LOP.
More than likely? Your going to have to buy a adult size O/U shotgun from any make or model shotgun you care for. In your price range. Then take your new shotgun to a stock fitter and have them cut the stock to fit you. Browning will give you the best bang for your buck. The CX model is perfect for all games. The 725 will have a bit more bling if you like that? The next step up is a Beretta 694 or a Caesar Guerini summit shotgun at twice the price. Not too many companies make junior size model O/U's. If you look hard you may find some. But, you will have a very narrow selection to pick from. So don't be afraid to buy a standard 14 3/8 LOP shotgun, and have it cut down to fit you. You'll need a new recoil pad from the start anyway. A Kick-ezz or the new micro pad are your two top picks. Both are much better than any factory pad I have ever seen!!! Good Luck to Ya. don't forget to break em all jeff

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More than likely? Your going to have to buy a adult size O/U shotgun from any make or model shotgun you care for. In your price range. Then take your new shotgun to a stock fitter and have them cut the stock to fit you. Browning will give you the best bang for your buck. The CX model is perfect for all games. The 725 will have a bit more bling if you like that? The next step up is a Beretta 694 or a Caesar Guerini summit shotgun at twice the price. Not too many companies make junior size model O/U's. If you look hard you may find some. But, you will have a very narrow selection to pick from. So don't be afraid to buy a standard 14 3/8 LOP shotgun, and have it cut down to fit you. You'll need a new recoil pad from the start anyway. A Kick-ezz or the new micro pad are your two top picks. Both are much better than any factory pad I have ever seen!!! Good Luck to Ya. don't forget to break em all jeff
I'm thinking about getting a BT99 micro w/adj buttplate and comb. Is it possible to add a Gracoil system to that?

· Registered
13,540 Posts
Is it possible to add a Gracoil system to that?
I'm sorry. I'm not a stock fitter. So I'm not positive. I believe their is room there to install one? Tron should be able to answer that question. Or Todd at the Country Gentleman as well.

If you don't already have a O/U shotgun that fits you. You may want to think about getting a O/U first. Then if you still want a SBT shotgun you can add your 99 later on as cash flow allows. IMO its very important to have a two shot gun before you have a single shot shotgun.

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sorry. I'm not a stock fitter. So I'm not positive. I believe their is room there to install one? Tron should be able to answer that question. Or Todd at the Country Gentleman as well.

If you don't already have a O/U shotgun that fits you. You may want to think about getting a O/U first. Then if you still want a SBT shotgun you can add your 99 later on as cash flow allows. IMO its very important to have a two shot gun before you have a single shot shotgun.
I have a Beretta Parallel Target already that I absolutely love and fits well. I have a 20 g OU that does not fit too well and I may trade that in on a BT but I'm not sure.

· Registered
728 Posts
With regard to LOP - you can always go the PFS route as long as you stick with one of the more popular O/U's like a Browning or a Beretta.

Advantage of the PFS is that you can pull the existing stock, bolt on the PFS, adjust to fit, have recoil reduction.

Then when/if you decide to sell bolt the original stock back on and either sell or keep the PFS for the next gun.

· Registered
541 Posts
What would the LOP be of a BT99 micro w/adj buttplate&stock plus the gracoil?
Add one inch for the Gracoil with adjustable butt plate to whatever stock length you have cut . You should be able to cut 1" off of a micro stock to get your 13.5" LOP The Gracoil with LOP cylinder will be fully inserted into the stock and LOP will then adjust to 13.5 to 14.5 inches. I believe the same applies to a Gracoil with a cylinder that does not adjust for LOP . You will then only have 13.5 inches with that one. Guns unlimited in Omaha ought to be able to set you up nicely

· Registered
2,877 Posts
One problem that you may not have a problem with, but many do.
Is on an off the shelf gun the pistol grip is usually not correct for women.
The BT99 Micro Midas is short, and seem to have a slightly smaller grip than my Browning Crossover.
Keep this in mind,
For ultimate fit find a stock maker.
Or try and make it next month to the Cardinal Center, Dawson's and Rods will both be there. They are very helpful.
You can buy a new or used gun and put a custom stock on that is made for you.
Just as an example
BT99. $ 1350.00
Comb cut $250.00
Gracoil installed $200.00+ Gravois unit
Or BT99 $1350.00
Stocklock $1500.00 it is made to your dimensions, and has recoil system built in.

· Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
One problem that you may not have a problem with, but many do.
Is on an off the shelf gun the pistol grip is usually not correct for women.
The BT99 Micro Midas is short, and seem to have a slightly smaller grip than my Browning Crossover.
Keep this in mind,
For ultimate fit find a stock maker.
Or try and make it next month to the Cardinal Center, Dawson's and Rods will both be there. They are very helpful.
You can buy a new or used gun and put a custom stock on that is made for you.
Just as an example
BT99. $ 1350.00
Comb cut $250.00
Gracoil installed $200.00+ Gravois unit
Or BT99 $1350.00
Stocklock $1500.00 it is made to your dimensions, and has recoil system built in.
I'm going to my state shoot in a few weeks and hopefully there will be some vendors there. Anyone happen to know who's coming to the Iowa State Shoot?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.