Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had any problems standing at the line ready to call for the target and loose their balance? I am having a problems staggering like a drunken sailor.

I mount the gun and then loose my balance by falling forward. Always having to fight keeping still long enough to shoot the target.

I have been thinking about using a stool and shooting from the sitting position. Has anyone used a chair or a stool to shoot from? Please forward any advice.

Thanks

Dave Weaver

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
How about...

SEE A DOCTOR!

There are a number of things that come into play, circulatory problems, ear troubles, medicine side effects etc. etc. etc.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Have a doctor look at your ears you may have a blockage in one or both . It makes a big difference in your balance .

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
See a doc is right but yes we do have a shooter that shoots from a chair because of circulatory problems and he manages quite well. Sinus infections do a number on my sense of balance and I don't shoot when I feel this problem. You shouldn't either until you find out what is going on and determine a way of moderating the problem.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I have had a similar problem.....the more birds I break in a row, my head swelles....by the time I get to around 4 or 5 in a row, I can barely hold my massive head up!!

sorry, couldn't help it.

tony

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
OICU812......good one!!!

tony

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
My problem is self induced; I stand with my feet close together and I occasionally get blown a little by a heavy wind. Believe it or not. Darrell

·
Registered
16,534 Posts
Bending the front knee slightly will help you to have better balance, and alos to pivot more easily when you chase angles.

Try it.

HM

·
Registered
185 Posts
Dave Weaver

I would suggest that you see a Doctor. I had the same problem, could not figure it out, turned out to be a brain tumor. Went to several doctors until one finally did a MRI. Had the thing taken out in Sept 30, and will be back shooting when the weather warms up.

Alan

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
See a doctor, I had an ear problem called labrynthitis, maybe not spelled right. It would sometimes make me stagger and even fall down on occaision, no I don't drink...Bill

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have the problem that my feet go numb after standing or walking for 15 - 20 minutes. Have been to a doctor and I have medical problem that causes this condition and it doesn't look like going under the knife will help. SO I have been shooting sitting on a stool for about 2 yrs. Took some time and testing to find out the right height for me and I put a swivel top on a wooden bar stool and cut it off so it is about 27-28" tall. Main problem was learning to lean forward otherwise was going over the tops of angle targets. Good luck on what ever you decide to do.

·
Registered
10,302 Posts
GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR!

After going through the same thing for the last several months, I finally went to the VA for a checkup.

I have been diagnosed with vestibular neuropathy. Folks who don't know me think I drink and shoot, folks who know me think I am an airhead.

Medication and therapy can help, and the brain will compensate to a point. My days of high caliber shooting are nearing an end. Hopefully, I will still be able to train others.

As has been said above, it can be a lot worse than what I have.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.