Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Benelli Super Black Eagle couple months ago. One thing I have noticed is that after 10 shots I guess the choke tube becomes loose. I am currently using the factory extended choke tubes. Does anyone know any solutions for that?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Kids Citori Crossover with extended choked had the same problem for the 1st couple hundred shells. I Greased up the treads heavy and it helped. Now with several thousand throw it no issues

·
Registered
10,463 Posts
I use CMD lube. Recently sold a barrel to a fellow up North, he rechased the threads because the tubes were hard to get out. I did not think to tell him what I had done.

Choke tubes loosening seem to be the nature of the beast. I have considered using a torque wrench at 30 in/lb, but chokes would probably still loosen. A lot of things going on the the barrel.

I use Anti-Seize on our Club's rental gun's choke tubes. When we sell them, the choke tubes MUST NOT be frozen barrels.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I had the same trouble and called one of the manufactures and was told.

After the lube. Put a piece of Teflon tape/Plumbers tape, on the threads. It only takes about a 1/2 inch. You don't have to wrap it all around.

It works.

·
Registered
21,599 Posts
I know it sounds crazy, but putting a little grease (I use "Superlube") on the choke threads virtually ends this problem. You'd think it would make it worse.
Virtually but not completely. At least in my case anyway. My Beretta 682 still has to be tightened a bit every few posts. It's not a big deal as I have done it so long it's part of my routine. Hell I don't even realize I'm checking it most times. I brush a small amount of grease on the choke threads every time I assemble the gun. If I don't grease the threads, I'll have to tighten the choke every post.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I use grease on my threads. But even then on some choke tubes like my K80 ti chokes or my A400 chokes they will get loose. Muller chokes for me are the only ones that dont get loose.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I know it sounds crazy, but putting a little grease (I use "Superlube") on the choke threads virtually ends this problem. You'd think it would make it worse.
Nothing crazy about it, you just get to screw it in a little further for the same torque, more threads are engaged, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts