Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
There are several places for sale there. I suggest you call the office. If you do not have a Dixie Program PM me and I will get you the number. JRM

·
Registered
309 Posts
I would be careful if I were you. At one time here on TS.com there was talk about if the trap field and the club would be there in the next 5 years or not. Don't get caught with something that you may not be able to sell.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Bo,

Here is something to consider. It is my understanding from reading other posts on this site, that in addition to the money required to purchase the mobile home, a person must pay over $500 per month in lot rent. There may be some utilites and/or lawn maintence received for this $500 per month so check on this.

Another thing, if it's like most moblie home parks I'm familiar with, the monthly rental keeps going up every year.

An alternative would be to spend more money initially and purchase a place somewhere nearby where you actually own the lot. The initial cost would be greater, but you'll probably get most of that money back when you sell. In fact, you might even make a profit. If you pay lot rent, that's just money that you'll never recover.

I'm not trying to knock the Silver Dollar. I'm just suggesting that you check around and carefully weigh the alternatives. You may come out ahead by buying a home and owning the land it sits on as opposed to paying rent forever on something you'll never own. Just my 2 cents.

Easystreet

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Easystreet,I am looking at all options.

We are going down in March to shoot the Southern Grand.

We will be looking.I think it's a buyers market right now.

A fellow trapshooting friend of mine bought lot and all as you have said.

Bo

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you like to shoot and have fun, buy a place at the dollar. Most places sell for less than a camper or motorhome. Yes, lot rent goes up every year and the places are not a good investment-you will probably loose money just like a motorhome.

However, it is ok to invest in yourself. If you have worked hard, invested properly and you enjoy the lifestyle at the dollar it is actually a great investment in fun.

If you are buying for an investment, go somewhere else.

If you are buying for enjoyment, the dollar is the greatest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.