Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else still using this method? If so, I'd like some thoughts and tips. I don't really want to debate the merits of it...I realize its a little unconventional.

After being mired in a season-long slump, I went back to my old method, which I learned at a Nora clinic a while back (this is what she suggests for two eyed shooters)...

Start with a higher gun, eyes relatively close to the house, below the gun...through the hands. This means your off eye sees the bird at first, and your dominant eye takes over once the bird clears the gun. Works for me...I'm back to shooting 23's-25's again. Dumb of me to have left it...but we're all looking for that magic bullet.

Looking for tips for gun placement, and dealing with lower light conditions, which is where I struggle with it a bit.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I have also started doing the same thing recently esp. on 16yd targets but I make sure that I do not move the gun till it clears my barrel.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I have shot Trap since 1961 and that method of using binocular vision used to work for me but Not now. If my left eye sees the bird first it will take control and lock on the target and a mystery miss is the result. I have had to change my Hold points so that my right on shoulder eye will see the target first. I am now using the tape patch on my left lens most of the time. When I do try to shoot with both eyes open I still have to use the one eyed shooter Gun Holds or cross-firing will occur.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts