Banned
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
6A7208AB-E2C6-4C2F-B1EB-6BF7B5929089.jpeg
84FF77F8-5810-45B1-99D6-AF552363F0C8.jpeg
7489AD2F-A3E8-4C54-A49F-7BC799681F5A.jpeg
3C47A22F-93A8-426F-B6A3-6EBCB8EE65D6.jpeg
0A800FEA-C6AF-402D-A51F-648CD59FEDE9.jpeg
I recently picked up a MX3 ORO 34/32 Combo and my question is if and when I decide to sell this off what kind of price point to I would be looking at. I have heard that this round block guns are not very desirable and don’t hold there value. The numbers all match on the metal and bluing is in pretty good condition there is some wear on the left side of the block. The Top Single has 5 Rhino CT and the block is Stamp by Wilkinson and all barrels are Pro Ported. The O / U barrel has fixed chokes.

I am just looking for some helpful information.

Thanks
JSkolar1

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
You say "picked up" this horribly "worked-over, well used, and improved" MX-3...and, is it OSO or is it ORO? It's what some not-so-polite shooters might call a "Frankenstein" gun with the non-original comb, choke tubes, porting, recoil prosthesis, etc., etc. If you paid good $$ for it, you've basically determined what it's value is to you. If you acquired it as a gift or in a trade, you're gonna have to find somebody who is not "turned off" by the condition and "improvements"...a challenge for sure! The round receiver is the LEAST of the negatives. If you like it, shoot it...Perazzis are nice!

·
Banned
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The original owner passed away and his wife was selling it so I took it over her hands. It’s not all original but most P guns are not all matching number guns anymore anyways. Yes it is a ORO and not the OSO and my fat fingers get in the way on typing the correct things most of the time.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I would say you have a $4000 to $4500 combo on your hands PLUS whatever someone is willing to pay for the fancier receiver. 2 matching triggers and you might be $4500 +.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
The original owner passed away and his wife was selling it so I took it over her hands. It’s not all original but most P guns are not all matching number guns anymore anyways. Yes it is a ORO and not the OSO and my fat fingers get in the way on typing the correct things most of the time.
Well, the good part is that this MX-3 has matching numbers as you say. (Actually, though, my MX-15 Lusso in the 97,xxx serial range has all matching # s...didn't think matching #s were all that rare, but what do I know?) Nice gun...shoot & enjoy.

·
Registered
8,563 Posts
ORO means gold in Italian is the best I could find Doc.

JSkolar1 goggle it, there have been several ORO’s listed and sold, might give you an idea.
I like the gun other than the Rhino chokes, no one has to be happy with what you paid but the seller and you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Only a collector gun if it's not been used or shot. It shoots great I'll guess try it and see. . I'm betting you got a good deal on price . It's your gun now do what gives you pleasure. I have an MX2000 and selling because I'll probably never get well enough to shoot my baby again it's tearing me up I worked two years to buy it and shot it about three years. I love mine it's taken bed bound body to make me give her up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts