Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes people have their dads or grandfathers Straight or Double edge razors just lying around. I am interested in mostly straight razors but old double edge razors considered also. If they are like new, great, if not most are restorable so shoot me a photo and description with price. Barber shop collectables also considered! I am not reselling, simply collecting things I do not have. Have a great day!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I have a small "V" shaped hone that I believe was for sharpening twin edged safety razor blades.

It is fairly small, about 2 in. wide by 2 1/2 in. long (from memory), and is boxed in a "International" labeled box.

It may have been something given out by International Harvester Co., but I can not say for certain.

It came with a cigar box of old straight razors I bought in a sale.

New in box, never used.

I read somewhere that many years ago, people used to sharpen twin edged blades by putting them in a cup that was laying on it's side, and running the blade back and forth with one finger. Then turn over for the other side.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have one exactly like the one in the picture only mine is silver. Also comes with two packs of double sided blades. The blade packages are unopened. PM me if you are interested. I don't think that it was ever used.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts