Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, so please bear with me.
I’m looking for a 1 oz. 16 yard load, 1175-1225 fps., using the new Federal Top Gun Hull with white plastic base wad. I have 700X, American Select, Red Dot, Green Dot, Extra Lite and E3.
I have CB6100 and PT1205 wads. I’m open to trying other powders and wads.
Thanks,

Dave
Schertz, TX

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
I'm loading 18.5 t0 19.2 gr. Promo (Red Dot) in every other euro hull that is basically the same as your TG hull with the plastic base, RIO primer, 1205 wad, and 1 oz shot, and chronoed in the range you state by my two rabbit ears. I haven't loaded the 6100, so no help there.

Oh, by the way, welcome to trapshooters

·
Registered
10,448 Posts
The 6100 wad will work great with a bulky powder in your hulls. A dear friend shoots this stuff and gives me the hulls.

I load 20.5 gr Green Dot behind the 6118 wad and 1 1/8 oz of hard 7 1/2's. Blows up targets. I load them once, YMMV.

I only load the hulls that have the Fed 209A primer. The ones with the RIO primer need the oversize primers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for everyones replies. I’m keeping an eye out for the oversized primers. So far I’ve only run across standard sized primers with the new Top Gun hulls. The ones that I’ve been picking up have the brass washed steel bases. I ran across a few that had plain steel bases that had standard size primers. All had the white plastic base wad.

Dave
Schertz, TX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts