Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for but have been unable to find a load recipe for a Rio primer and Titewad powder. I am using a 456 bushing for Red Dot and 1 oz. of shot and need to find an equivalent velocity for the Titewad. Not finding anything. Wad is a Windjammer WJII - 12100 A 12G 1-oz. yellow. Hulls are STS and Rem. gun clubs. Thanks any and all, KQ

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Use Fed 209A data. There are 15 on the Hodgdon loading data site.

Rio is a hot primer and I know the primer police will cherp but anytime there is no data that shows "my" primer I will auto default to Federal 209A primer data because its the hottest regular shotgun primer out there with a TON of data.

15-18gn seem fine (depending on how fast you want it) but I know the primer police will cherp. If its ok for 1-1/8 oz loads you will be fine shooting 1oz loads.

Its always "what its pushing" that of concern with pressure. You are pushing less than the published windjammer or Hodgdon data.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Windjammer-wads.com has recipes using WJII 12100, no RIO info but several recipes with REM209's. Might be able to cross reference something that way.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Coach, Titegroup and Titewad are not the same powders. OP is asking about Titewad. Mark

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
You stated a 456 bushing. Are you weighing your powder drops, or are you just guessing about the weight by the bushing chart? Before anyone can make a recommendation about swapping primers around, are you sure you have the right amount of powder to start with? Using conservative data for the "hottest" primer listed might keep you out of trouble. Two hot primers would be the Federal 209A and the CCI209M Magnum primer. I'd check that data first and go from there. If you are not sure, I'd strongly recommend contacting the powder manufacturer and asking for advice. The Rio G-1000 is listed on the Hodgdon site, but not with the Windjammer wads. There are also Rio primers with other part numbers, so you need to know which ones you have when you call.

In ANY event, be sure to weigh your powder drops!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts