Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently in the market for a new gun for singles and handicap. Preferably lightly used but will go new
What has proven difficult is that i am a lefty which is hard finding used guns with no cast/palm swell or dedicated lefty.

In the past, I was on the website that had specialized in clay sports that had a. Sale section just for lefties..I could have sworn it was joel etchen.l, but upon inspection nope.

Was also thinking buying a gun I like and just switch it out to a PFS stock which im not too crazy about but will expend my options in the used gun market

Last question...saw a very nice blaser w left handed wood but called it a harlan campball(sp?) stock...wasn't sure what specs that entitles.

Hard to find lefty shooters in my area with high end shotguns that I can try before dropping a lot of cash on a gun I've never held or mounted.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
At the bottom of his website, there is a SPI NIB LEFTY, have to call for a quote. Also he is taking orders till the end of the week for a 692 to be built special and I am pretty sure you could get lefty, and if you check his used guns or just call Matt and tell him what you want I am sure they could find something for you. I have been very happy with their service and support. Steve
http://www.joeletchenguns.com/

·
Administrator
8,663 Posts
Chetman, I if you are looking for a shotgun for singles and caps maybey consider a Ljutic Mono Gun? I did see a used lefty listed and I think it was on the dawsonent site. One of the features that is nice is that for opening the action it has the release in the front of the trigger guard rather than a top lever. In ref. to the Blaser with the Harlen stock there are a lot of ref. to the roll-over comb ect. I would think checking the Wenig site would give you some specs ect. Some shooter like the roll-over and some do not.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'm a lefty lots of Kreighoffs and Perazzi's are nuetral cast. I have actually never owned a true left hand gun in over 50 years of shooting.

Good luck

Buster

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I'm left handed and have several PFS stocks along with a number of left hand grips for various guns I own or have owned. The only concern I have when buying a gun is there a PFS left handed grip available. When I buy sell or trade I don't have worry about the gun being left handed, I just bolt back the original stock and send it on down the road........... I also like PFS for the adjustments and recoil reduction, they're money will spent.

Surfer

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm a lefty & shoot an 1100 competition synthetic. I just adjust the comb to my preference & have been shooting well with it; after setting my POI. I'd recommend getting one of these if you can find one. Cheers.
-ithaca

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
I'm a lefty & shoot an 1100 competition synthetic. I just adjust the comb to my preference & have been shooting well with it; after setting my POI. I'd recommend getting one of these if you can find one. Cheers.
-ithaca
The 1100 Synthetic uses the Jack west stocks . Jack West style stocks have really changed the game for 870 and 1100 shooters. The adjustable comb is considered by some (including me) to be one of the greatest innovations in clay target shooting to ever come along! A lot of companies offer them as standard on some guns and a good stock worker can install one for someone on their current gun for a reasonable amount.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I have a Lefty Remington 11-87 Premier Trap with the same Jack West stock set installed on the 1100 Competition. PM me if you have ??. JM

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm a lefty lots of Kreighoffs and Perazzi's are nuetral cast. I have actually never owned a true left hand gun in over 50 years of shooting.

Good luck

Buster
I didn't know kreighoffs and perazzis were neutral cast. I have a friend with a perazzi mx2005 and it def had some cast for a righty. I do have my eye on a k80 or kx-6.

Look at the Browning Citori Crossover Target as it is a lot of gun for the money. $1695. I am a lefty and it comes in a neutral stock.
That is a whole lot of gun for the money, but I'm looking for trap specific and on the higher end if you know what I mean. Already have a BT-99 plus and it is already falling apart in less than 1 year with my high volume shooting

If your from the Ohio area I happen to have a blaser with left handed wood i let you take it out and shoot if you wanted to try it.
I wish. Very kind offer and I would accept but I'm on the east coast. I have a friend who has a blaser unsingle but its righty.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
A number of Perazzi's came with zero cast but had the toe turned to the right which will dig into your shoulder or arm causing discomfort. The remedy is an adjustable butt plate which will allow you to turn the toe to the left.

Surfer

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Chetman
Sorry if you misunderstood not all Kreighoffs or Perazzi's are neutral cast but many are. I have several that are neutral cast.

What ever you decide good luck and have fun.

By the way I think the Citori crossover is one of the truly good values in guns. Guerini's are a lot of gun for the money.

Buster

1 - 15 of 15 Posts