Trapshooters Forum banner

Looking for a good Win Model 12 Manual

1546 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Jr720
There are a few different ones out there. I’m looking for one with at least enough detail to take down the trigger group for cleaning & maintenance. Just hate to guess on a good one.

Also, any opinions on the AGI Technical Manual & Armorer’s Course CD ($40 on eBay)?

TIA,

Tom
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,348 Posts
Tom,

The factory manual that came in a "Box" Model 12 was general operation of the shotgun. I had a 1950 parts and repair manual years ago that I sold to another collector while it was more detailed not equal to inside factory manual used by gunsmiths @ New Haven. I owned bunches of model 12's never had a reason to strip the trigger group, EVER. General cleaning can be done with solvent, tooth brush and pipe cleaners. Suggest searching You Tube if their is a VID to fit your needs over the $40 armorer's video.

If you plan to replace firing pins, extractors and springs and take up ring on front assembly then maybe the extra armorer's vid might be a savings?

· Registered
228 Posts
I bought the pdf download of a Model 42 takedown manual reprint from these guys. It’s a lot of old hand drawings in my case but it was very good info for about $10. You can also buy a hard copy instead if you search “12” on the site and scroll to Winchester model 12.

· Registered
6,623 Posts
Find a reference library that has

BROWNELLS ENCYCLOPEDIA of Modern Firearms

Copy the instructions on the model 12 out of this book. It is one of the best resources ever.

Al

Reactions: saskbooknut

· Registered
2,156 Posts
See if you can find a copy of The Gun Digest Book of FIREARMS ASSEMBLY/DISASSEMBLY
Part V: Shotguns Second Edition by J.B. Wood
There are detailed instructions for Model 12 disassembly/assembly, including the trigger group. There are instructions for many other shotguns, too.

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again for all of the input. Just to close the loop, I did order two books. The one with the yellow cover was helpful - much of the content was taken from military manuals. The Winchester one (blue cover) is extremely comprehensive & detailed - a better choice in my opinion.

Reactions: rpnp2322
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.