Trapshooters Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,864 Posts
Pretty nice set-up you have there Harv. We have a Weber that runs on natural gas. It was $100 cheaper if I put it together myself.

·
Registered
86 Posts
IMHO you need a grill that you can grill indirectly. You would need a grill that is wide enough to have a hot side and a less hot side. You need a lid. Grill on the hot side, move to the side with no charcoal or wood underneath and close the lid. Charcoal or wood is the best. Watch the internal temp of the meat and finish on the hot side.

The 55 gallon drum conversions work great and they are used all over the world. You dont need an expensive grill. I have a New Braunfels copy after the original rusted though after 15 years. I would probably get a propane tank conversion next.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a smoke assassins pellet smoker, a Blackstone, a vision kamado, and just added a recteq bullseye. Everything has a niche that it does well. If i kept just one, the assassins gets the nod. But i use them all. If you are a hamburger and hot dog guy don't get anything special.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I used to have 2 very good friends who loved to grill out doors, both are dead from bladder cancer. All things in moderation, my friends, use sparingly!!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I used to have 2 very good friends who loved to grill out doors, both are dead from bladder cancer. All things in moderation, my friends, use sparingly!!!!!
People have been grilling meat over wood for 1000’s of years. I would be more concerned about cigarettes, cigars imho

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
20210110_173112.jpg

BBQ pork steaks, baked potatoes and baked beans in the oven.
Already made the sacrifice to the fire gods! I grill and BBQ year round
Love my gas grill!

·
Premium Member
8,190 Posts
Saw this postabout the dangers of grilling,
Exposing meat to high-temperature cooking, such as grilling, causes several unhealthy chemicals to form. Two of them – heterocyclic amines, or HCAs, and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, or PAHs – are known to cause cancer in animals, and are suspected to increase the risk in humans, as well.

A little patience if you please as I make a short excursion into my past here to make a point. One day my unemployed friend's banker dad who just came home dragging it looks at us with utter disgusts as we floated around his swimming pool, drinking up his 20 year old scotch with two blonde beach bunny honeys for company, his dad says."workin hard today son?" Well, my well oiled by this time friend Howard say-to his dad,"why should I pop, they are going to drop the Bomb anyway!" LOL. we all busted out laughing, but Man, I never saw someone turn so red, so fast! ! Moral of the story is in life, no one gets out alive. If it ain't cancer. it might be your angry wife running you over, or your triple charged shotshell you loaded while plastered, it's always something.
Aloha

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Saw this postabout the dangers of grilling,
Exposing meat to high-temperature cooking, such as grilling, causes several unhealthy chemicals to form. Two of them – heterocyclic amines, or HCAs, and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, or PAHs – are known to cause cancer in animals, and are suspected to increase the risk in humans, as well.

A little patience if you please as I make a short excursion into my past here to make a point. One day my unemployed friend's banker dad who just came home dragging it looks at us with utter disgusts as we floated around his swimming pool, drinking up his 20 year old scotch with two blonde beach bunny honeys for company, his dad says."workin hard today son?" Well, my well oiled by this time friend Howard say-to his dad,"why should I pop, they are going to drop the Bomb anyway!" LOL. we all busted out laughing, but Man, I never saw someone turn so red, so fast! ! Moral of the story is in life, no one gets out alive. If it ain't cancer. it might be your angry wife running you over, or your triple charged shotshell you loaded while plastered, it's always something.
Aloha
I already have cancer so any cancer causing agent in mice or anything else doesn't scare me!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Primo smokers - american made, larger surface area, indirect heating if needed.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 66 Posts