Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking online for a better BBQ. Tired of spending $500 every few years for a grill. Think I may try one of the Blaze grills. Any one have any experience with these, or other opinions? Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
I stopped using gas grills 10 years ago. Switched to pellet and never looked back. Love my Rec Tec RT 700. It’s a beast. You can grill and smoke, WiFi, integrated probes etc.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Green Mountain smoker grill, really like it but want to have a quicker option for burgers and steaks.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Not familiar with Blaze grills.

We have had a Summit Weber for over ten years and had no problems with it. The secret to grill longevity is buy quality, keep it covered in the foul weather when not in use, and, most importantly, have it serviced once a year by a dependable and knowledgeable company.

Steve

·
Registered
846 Posts
Try a PitBoss, you can smoke and grill. I got one for about 500 and love it

Reactions: THALL

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I went through a series of “moderately priced” grills from Home Depot , etc. They lasted 2-3 years with typical use then burned/ rusted out here in the Pacific Northwest. Finally I spent up and bought a Webber. 5 years in it still looks and cooks like new. I did a full clean last Fall and all the fire exposed parts are solid and not deteriorated. Plus parts are available if needed.
Buy once, cry once. Sorta like a good gun.

·
Just getting by.....
1,093 Posts
My Weber has been stored on the patio 24/7 with a weber cover for the last 15 years, the only parts replaced were the flavorizer bars, they probably didn't need it but for me it was easier to replace them than clean them. A good pressure wash once a year and you are good to go.

I have a electric smoker if I want anything smoked and a Weber Smoky Joe portable for that charcoal flavor when needed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can't go wrong with rec tec. Those things are the bomb. And they made in Augusta, ga. Those guys will help you in every way possible. Look them up then give them a call.

·
Registered
30,567 Posts
Weber for gas, Traeger for wood pellets. Easy cleanup is key. I feel sorry for the kitchen wench trying to clean ours in the wintertime.

Reactions: slugger and Leo

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought a blaze grill built in as below from BBQguys.com and have had 0 problems with it. I think it is worth the money and I would buy it again. I grill out a lot in the summer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Rec tec is a very nice unit. Just want to point out that parts are manufactured in both China and the US with final assembly in Georgia.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
RecTec is great; very high quality; terrific service; holds temperature almost spot on (+/- 2 degrees). Different sizes available. Use their pellets, available from Amazon with no charge for shipping. Green Egg is another; also have a propane grill that I have rebuilt a couple of time over the years.
Quality counts; spend more today and less later.
Dave

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you are a gas grill person, consider a pellet grill from the manufacturer of your choice. They don't give you high direct heat if you like to sear, but there are ways around that. My only regret I have about the Traeger I got is that I went too small. I have a gas-fired cast-iron platen next to my Traeger that I use to sear cuts of meat at the end of the cook when appropriate.

Pellet grills have roughly the same fuel cost and hassle as gas. I still occasionally use my Weber charcoal kettle, but it is way easier to fire up the Traeger.

·
Registered
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,127 Posts
Rec tec and Traeger are both good. I’ve made substantial smoked bbq over the years on my traeger. Easy to use. The newer ones have more features and can sear better. The rec Tec will offer the same.

Get a pellet and never look back.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts