Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for silvertips again. Does anyone have a box or three of the old winchester silvertips in 130 or 140 gr that they would sell? Or maybe the loose bullets to load? PM me with price etc.

Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for looking Leadvail. Maybe somebody will see this and remember those bullets on a shelf for a rifle long gone.

Andrew

·
Registered
714 Posts
Old school. Flat based cannelured with a aluminum cap. Memory row...Hunting camps, wool plaid shirts, open sights...Buy them by the bag at Montgomery Wards. Not the C/T Ballistic Silvertips.

1956 ad

This one I know you will remember, 1969

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are the ones I'm looking for. Still the best deer bullet IMO. My 30-06 is being fed out of yellow boxes that look just like the ones in the add. Now my BIL wants some for his 270(he's got 3 left.) I found some .30 on gunbroker last year. 1st rifle reloads ever went under an inch out of my new-to-me sporterized Springfield in a 30-06 Ackley, I think I'm done with load development for it.

Andrew

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
I agree Andy..they never failed and were especially great in the 30-30s and 348s...My favorite .270 cal was the old Remington Bronze Pt 130s..devastating and nearly always a through and through out to over 300yds

1 - 8 of 8 Posts