Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where or if Lone Tree has posted the results of the KTA Eastern Zone shoot from Sept 19,20?

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
Here's the singles results. I don't have anything else except that Mark Fairbanks won the Championship Handicap Event with a 95 from the 26 yard line.

Kansas 2016 Eastern Zone Singles.jpg

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
I shot a 194 which was good for "thanks for coming!"

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
How does the same guy win RU champ, AND A class winner? Shouldn't A class go to the highest in A and runner up in A to the second high in A? That seems really wrong to me.

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
Yeah, that rule changed a couple of years ago. It used to be, like you said, that for example someone who won event champion couldn't also be class champion, but no more.

Reactions: Gussers

·
Thorn in your side
8,112 Posts
Yeah, that rule changed a couple of years ago. It used to be, like you said, that for example someone who won event champion couldn't also be class champion, but no more.
So why didn't Mikel Jaro win his class also?

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
My guess would be that he entered as Junior category.

I hope I write this correctly....

If you declare a category (Junior, Lady, Veteran, etc.), and are NOT the event winner, you are then considered in your category first. Since he WAS event winner, he couldn't also be category winner. And if you are in a category, you can't win class unless you don't win anything in your category.

These rules apply in that case.

“Only one (1) trophy shall be awarded to any one (1) person in any separate event. This means a contestant may not win both special category trophy and champion, runner-up/place, class, or yardage trophy in the same event.”

“Any shooter who is tied for event Champion may shoot-off/carry-over for the Championship trophy. If a shooter fails in the championship trophy shoot-off/carry-over and has declared a special category at the time of classification, the shooter will fall back to the declared special category.”

“Any shooter who has declared a special category at the time of classification and whose score qualifies for any trophy in his/her declared category, will compete for the category trophy and not for place, class or yardage group.”

“Any special category shooter whose score does not qualify for a trophy in his/her category, may compete for place, class or yardage group trophies.”

Reactions: Gussers

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tim, thanks for the copy of the results and also for the SA "not jerky", both were appreciated. Ken

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
Tim, thanks for the copy of the results and also for the SA "not jerky", both were appreciated. Ken
Biltong. It's good stuff!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts