Trapshooters Forum banner

Looking at a 90T

1562 Views 12 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Santafe2343_0
I am looking at a Remington 90T on Saturday. Supposedly very nice original condition that has been updated. Is there anything special I need to look for? I love old Remingtons so this will fall right into that genre. Plus I will get to own and shoot another American made trap gun. I know Kolar will work on them. Just want to make sure I am not purchasing a money pit.
Reactions: Schnurb
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe there was a post a year or so ago that Kolar no longer services 90t's.You might want to check with Kolar.
I have looked at their web site and they still list it under their services tab. So I believe they will still service the gun. I am only a couple hours drive from there so any work will go there.

· Registered
150 Posts
You can find everything you would want to know about the 90T on this sight. Look up the thread called : "Show us your 90T". I have one and would never sell it. They are built like a tank. You will just need to verify if the forearm update was done by looking on the inside of the forearm. If you see a silver lug that is a half moon shape then it has been updated. The orgina lone was a rectangle shape. Also check if the top lever is to the right when the gun is closed. Hope you get one and enjoy it as much as all thr other 90T owners.

· Registered
1,310 Posts
Only 3800 made -Locking block change started after 2600 - forearm up date was never done during production -four options for the wood dimension - high rib and a low rib models - early models had a larger bore .747 - .755 to the last ones finishing up with .742 -..745 bore with a .033 choke -High ribs - with the adjustable ribs all had a .738 bore with a .040 choke - As with any gun that can be 30 years old, a lot of thing can have been added. Still offering great service at Kolar !!

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for everyone’s help. It is a ni e low mileage low rib 90T and as Schnurb commented it shoots sweet even with the comb set for a righty and me shooting lefty. Beautiful old gun that I will be the caretaker of for many years.

6,495 Posts
As you will find... the 90T is a Kolar, Remington in name only other than the barrels. Stand a "T" against a Kolar T/S and you see the lineage.

In looking at the gun, pull the drop out trigger assembly and reinstall... just my $0.02

· Registered
398 Posts
I bought one in 1997 from Joel Etchen at the Grand. Within the first month, the stock split in the grip at a registered shoot. Tried calling Remington, you know how well that worked... Called Joel, he had me a stock the next week. Then learned Kolar made them which came in handy. At another shoot, the piece in the forearm broke, back to Kolar. They updated the forend. Another shoot, could not get the gun open to eject a spend shell. Finished with another cat's 90-T. At home I took the trigger clear apart and found a clip had broke for one of the pins. Back in action. Some time later noticed the replacement stock was chipping the finish where it meets the receiver. Back to Kolar again, they glass bedded the stock. Back on the line again. Again later, I noticed you could turn the stock, I thought the bolt was loose, you couldn't tighten it enough to not turn. Put in a new bolt and all the spacers, still no go. Finally in 2004 I traded for an MX-15. Best thing I've done. Many folks shot them for many, many rounds over many years with no issues, not my experience. I also bought the "higher shooting" rib from Kolar. Otherwise it shot about like an 870.
Jonathan Taylor 9504398

· Registered
65 Posts
I am looking at a Remington 90T on Saturday. Supposedly very nice original condition that has been updated. Is there anything special I need to look for? I love old Remingtons so this will fall right into that genre. Plus I will get to own and shoot another American made trap gun. I know Kolar will work on them. Just want to make sure I am not purchasing a money pit.
Good guns there built like a tank

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.