Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a power checkering tool. If you have one you are able to part with, I am intrested. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I talked to a guy that is in the process of marketing one, not yet out. Hand checkering is a dieing art. Lazer cut checkering is now the norm. Not many people left who do the cut checkering.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fearnot- Cindy's Favorite power cutter

J R Engineering.com

John Doiron Mass.

Are you hand filling now? If not start, ria. cutter needs pulled filed in from edge.
After power cutting two passes with hand files deepens Valleys,sharp pointed Diamonds. Just saying power cutter is useful tool for the middle of the job.
Layout, master lines,boarder,ribbons ect.

M-2 power checking head-$470
lpi cutter-$100
But need foredom?
All three $999.97 Brownnells 800-741-0015

If your just trolling for cheap? Them good ole boys ain't on this putter reading Longshot S#!t. GOOD LUCK----Marty:0{

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Marty: John Doiron is dead, and his shop is closed. Brownnells no longer handles any power tools for checkering. If you want one you have to buy used. Thats the sad news. Del

·
Registered
759 Posts
Brownells quit handling anything from Jon long before he died. Jon had his own pace and it wasn't fast. In my opinion, laser cut checkering looks terrible. I was let down when Krieghoff went to it. I think that Perazzi is still done by hand. Laser cut looks very CHEAP to me. Do any of you prefer it over hand cut? Larry

·
Registered
29 Posts
high2-Larry & fearnot; Thank you for the education. Been hand checkering and carving for last 10 years. (retirement started) Know of local fellow that owns power cutter. If its broke where do you get it repaired. Cutter blade dull where to supply more.

Larry yours is worth more? Bad investment If not repairable let alone sharp new cutters.

This is bad news of a lost art. Hope they don't quit making file heads and handles.

How much longer will it be that metal engraving is send in picture.Down load on computer cnc machine with laser cutter? Or is it already here?

THANK YOU for the great post HAPPY NEW YEAR-----MARTY:0{

1 - 12 of 12 Posts