Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was @ Gander Mtn yesterday, they had wheeled a PALLET of 1000 round boxes of 223 onto the floor in advance of the election, they typically sell for almost 500 bucks a pop. I mentioned to the salesman that someone was planning ahead, and he told me Gander had invested 5 mil in ammo leading up to the election (although they were already stocked to capacity for most ammo).

I'm sensing there is going to be a HUGE inventory sell off in the coming months, probably some pretty incredible Black Friday deals coming up, esp after the past few years have been lackluster for gun and ammo specials on Black Friday. I would also expect some good gun rebates coming online in the next couple months, there really hasn't been any new ones in the past couple months with mfgs figuring they didn't have to bother, now they are all going to be scrambling to get what they can, sell off as much inventory as possible, and scale back before the bubble bursts.

It also wouldn't surprise me if we see some big box gun dealers shutting down branches or scaling way back. They are slow to maneuver and the sales of the last 3 years are going to be falling off pretty quickly in most parts of the country.

So now if you are on the fence for a big gun or ammo purchase, I'd hold off until at least Black Friday, maybe until early next year.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Thanks Skeet_man.

We’ve been under heavy attack for so long it seems strange to think we have a little relief.

Emphasis on little but at least some.

·
Registered
18,686 Posts
Dang it. My step dad just bought my spoiled butt 30 flats of Winchester super targets for the season.
Hold out for the real thing. Accept only AA.

Reactions: bossbasl

·
Registered
18,686 Posts
Rumor is that the AAA's released next year will be some of the best shooting shells you can find.
Well.

Of COURSE they will be the best.

They have a third more "A" than the current offering ...........

·
Banned
151 Posts
California just past prop 63, ammo restrictions

So expecting huge purchase from California, which could empty their inventory very quickly

·
Banned
3,913 Posts
Gun Clubs, $54.99 on my semi-local Cabelas Black Friday flyer. Check your local store flyer.

Valid November 25, 2016 - November 30, 2016

That price is not their on-line price....yet. Will it change on 11/25/16? ???

1 - 20 of 64 Posts