Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
16,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Longthorne Brochure 2019.pdf

We are pleased to advise you that we now have a Dealer in the USA, Pacific Sporting Arms, If you would like an introduction please let us know, we will then contact Pacific with your details and ask them to contact you.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss our shotguns in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact either John, Jordon or Eddie directly at Pacific Sporting Arms, or myself, and we will endeavour to assist you further.

If you have a moment, please take a look at this short video by James Stewart, our founder, and Managing Director:

As I am sure you are aware, we are one of the very few shotgun and rifle makers who manufacture every component ourselves, not only every pin and screw but also our globally patented one-piece barrels, putting ourselves in a very unique position within the industry.

For your information or guns have the following features:

• 100% English made in our factory in Northampton
• True sidelocks and now also boxlock models
• Globally patented barrel technology – our unique “one-piece” barrel construction ensuring superb handling and performance
• Superior steel proofed up to full choke (with fixed chokes, which are standard in all ‘true’ sidelock guns) therefore future-proofing your investment!
• Lightness and strength
• If you are purchasing one of our ‘true’ sidelock guns and are available to visit our factory we offer a unique and individually tailored gun fitting process that is second to none

If you ever visit the UK, it would be ourpleasure to invite you to our factory, where I would take the opportunity to show you around our production area, introduce you to our team who are responsible in the creation of our range of Longthorne shotguns and rifles, and also tell you the history of Longthorne Gunmakers, what our driving factors were in the creation of Longthorne, also our vision and brand values.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Their guns are beautiful. I’d love to try one.

They look beautiful on the web, but not in person. Recieved my Renaissance after waiting a while. The company did not own up to any of the cosmetic issues, and somehow sent a gun out with a large gorge on the side of the side plate as well as corrosion on the receiver. In addition, the gold inlay was haphazardly done with large voids between the inlay and the engraving. Longhthorne yelled at me on the phone, claimed that their guns are nowhere near as nice as Beretta or Purdey, and that the issues I noticed "add to the character of the gun, and each one is unique." Total joke. May post pictures

·
Administrator
8,649 Posts
They look beautiful on the web, but not in person. Recieved my Renaissance after waiting a while. The company did not own up to any of the cosmetic issues, and somehow sent a gun out with a large gorge on the side of the side plate as well as corrosion on the receiver. In addition, the gold inlay was haphazardly done with large voids between the inlay and the engraving. Longhthorne yelled at me on the phone, claimed that their guns are nowhere near as nice as Beretta or Purdey, and that the issues I noticed "add to the character of the gun, and each one is unique." Total joke. May post pictures
Being that you joined today and dug up a 9 month old thread it is obvious you wanted to post a slam thread to get the word out so your intent is obvious.
Post some pictures so we can see what you are commenting on.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Dang. That’s disappointing. Has the company corrected the faults and did you order it through PSA?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dang. That’s disappointing. Has the company corrected the faults and did you order it through PSA?
I did not order it through PSA, as at the time they were not a dealer (This experience has nothing to do with PSA***) The gun was ordered straight from England.

They have offered to take a look, stating that everything we have seen above and then some is entirely normal and make a new side plate once I send it over the pond, at my cost of course.

With all of the issues in this one shotgun, I would be surprised if they were even capable of fixing it.

What thinks you guys on the above?

·
Registered
6 Posts
For 20 k you would think they would be a whole lot better than a Beretta.

Thats how I describe my 30 year old Citori I use for hunting.
Was comparing it to their SL3, which is Beretta's premium O/U. This was 35 Thousands more than that, and finished like a Field Grade 687, from Cabelas (not a gallery gun)

·
Registered
768 Posts
I don’t believe you have a choice but to send it back if it doesn’t suit you and let them attempt correction. When the answer to customer concerns is “it falls within tolerances” or “that’s how all of them are made” it makes me think the company is not doing well and is tone deaf to criticism. That’s the kind of answer I’d expect from some lame-ass gunsmith, not a company founded by an engineer with aerospace experience. With all the positive press Longthorne has received you’d think they’d be more responsive to customer concerns. Other than the issues discussed here how does the gun strike you in terms of balance, overall fit and finish, etc etc? What interests me are the barrels being machined out of one piece of steel. That’s impressive. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
As an afterthought, have you thought about showing it to a reputable gunsmith here? He might be able to advise you better. Shipping it back with postage and insurance and then waiting has its own costs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As an afterthought, have you thought about showing it to a reputable gunsmith here? He might be able to advise you better. Shipping it back with postage and insurance and then waiting has its own costs.
Brought the gun to two smiths to make sure I was not imagining things or being too critical. Interestingly enough, the company faulted me for doing so and said that I should not respect the opinions of other gunsmiths as "they are jealous" of their workmanship.

Really want to hear everyones thoughts on the photos posted. Thanks.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thé other smiths being jealous comment is over the top. Those guys aren’t worth the trouble. I bet Geoffrey Gournet or Thierry Dujay could fix that poor inlay no problem, and cheaper than shipping and insurance back to the UK. Cut your losses and have the issues addressed here. You’d be 6 months plus getting your gun back from people who don’t give a rip.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts