Trapshooters Forum banner

Lodging Near The Grand

1542 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  todddietrich
Right about this time each year, someone usually lists information about lodging availability for The Grand. The Trip Advisor website offers the following;

Hotels near World Shooting & Recreational Complex

The page describes the hotel, the address, and contact information - plus the distance to the complex in Sparta. All of the hotel operators know about The Grand and rarely offer any special prices so booking directly with Trip Advisor is probably the best plan.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Be very careful using those sights. They are sometimes way off on the mileage. For example, the MicroTel in Ste. Genevieve is listed as 22.4 miles away, but according to Mapquest and Google it is actually 47 miles away. I ended up renting a cabin in Waterloo, IL. for my very first American Grand. Good luck to everyone.

· Registered
585 Posts
Be very careful using those sights. They are sometimes way off on the mileage. For example, the MicroTel in Ste. Genevieve is listed as 22.4 miles away, but according to Mapquest and Google it is actually 47 miles away. I ended up renting a cabin in Waterloo, IL. for my very first American Grand. Good luck to everyone.
What the mapquest is not showing is the ferry ride across the Mississippi river. Yes, it could be 22 miles, but the ferry schedule is not set in stone and I believe they charge about $6 one way.

Todd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.