Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to lock up a soft touch recoil system. I just bought a MX8 has a soft touch I would like to lock system I do not like movement in a stock , I have some ideas on what I can do, any one already done this. Thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
if it is an older one just change out spring to extra heavy and it will not move unless your into heavy field/pigeon loads. jim w.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
On the old ones, about the only way to really stop any movement is to remove the cylinder and spring and replace them with a wood dowel. I did see one with a small block of metal between the two pieces of metal on the butt. It was held on with two sided tape. I'm not sure how it worked,

Ajax

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Yes Hap, it is interesting to set the release and have the stock collapse. It give a whole new meaning to the term "Grip Control" :)

Ajax

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Ajax, for sure guy!! The movement forward after firing can get mighty interesting attempting to set the second shot!! That's the reason I ask.

HAP

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Construct a spacer to fill the gap. Many possibilities for material. I made a wooden one for a friend once. Jake

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input no release now but maybe near future I am having issue pulling trigger at times all the years of swing hammer nail guns and so on I guess . Spacer seem way to go I give some thought . The gun is sweet wood to die for so I would be wanting good look for spacers . Maybe aluminum spacer just cut center out to fit long screws .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts