Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest son sent me this pic,the deer were found about half mile from where he lives,the guys who found them cut the antler off the dead one on the right and the one on the left was still alive, took him quite a few minutes to get his balance back but ran off, the dead one was starting to smell so they think they were locked together for a few days.........seems to happen alot.......

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I would have done the same thing and try to separate them, but, IMO, the chances for survival of the one that ran off is slim, but nobody knows for sure.

This is a perfect example for all of those "Bunny Huggers" that Mother Nature can be brutal, and that for a wild animal, life is literally a life and death struggle every day of their lives.

These anti-hunters just don't have a freakin' clue!

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, I myself wonder if the buck that lived will survive, they spend soo much energy during the rut you wonder how much he has left...........

·
Registered
296 Posts
We found two locked up in January several years ago, heeled the most active one and cut his antlers off with a hacksaw. I think both lived although the one was pretty worn out.

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
Happens more times than most people think it would.
Usually both are found dead when locked like that, Mother Nature’s way ???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts