Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to reload my Winchester AA hulls with a Fiocchi 616A primers. I have a Hornady 366 reloader and was wondering what is the easiest way to get these primers properly seated and flush? I have 1000 primers I want to use up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
22,882 Posts
I'm looking to reload my Winchester AA hulls with a Fiocchi 616A primers. I have a Hornady 366 reloader and was wondering what is the easiest way to get these primers properly seated and flush? I have 1000 primers I want to use up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Use them in Fiocchi hulls. Kidding. The 366 press uses an internal-to-the-hull primer seating tube but the Fiocchi primer is oversize compared to the Winchester and it will take extra 'force' on the handle to get a full downstroke and seat the primer flush.

Don T

·
Registered
22,882 Posts
Pull the handle (#37) through a complete stroke. The primer seating punch (#20) or the

optional spring loaded primer seater punch (010051) will enter the case and push the case

down, over the primer in the primer seating pad (#3). On the return stroke, the primer seating

pad (#3) will push the case back up into position and the shell plate (#45) will advance to the

next position. Before continuing the loading sequence, remove the primed case, to inspect the

primer seat depth. To remove, lift the pawl (#94) from the indexing position and rotate the

shell plate (#45) back to station one and inspect the seated primer. The primer should be flush

with the case head. If the primer is not fully seated, the primer seater punch (#20) must be

adjusted. Different brands of cases have different base wad heights. Replace the case in

position at Station Two. Loosen the primer punch lock nut (#23). Pull the handle (#37) down,

and steadily lower the primer seater punch until you feel the punch start to interfere with the

handle (#37). The primer seating punch (#20) should then be backed up just enough to

eliminate any interference. Your loader was factory set to load the low base wad of the modern

compression formed type cases and may not need any adjustment. The primer seater pad notch

should be on your right as you face the loader.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts