Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are ljutic so hard to sell? They are the best gun that I have ever owned and they never break.im only selling mine due to health problems.Thank you Peter.M

·
Sky Buster
4,034 Posts
I don't think they are hard to sell. I've bought and
sold at least three over the past several years. The
hardest gun I had to sell was a TM-X. No interest!

·
Banned
145 Posts
Ljutics are not hard to sell, thay just don't seem too have the resale value that a "P" or "K" gun has. I have bought several used ljutics at a lesser price than if it were one of the mentioned guns. I agree that they are every bit as good if not better, they just don't have the same resale value. Most people, including me, expect to buy them at a bargain price.
Tony Generose

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Older ones might be harder to sell but then older Perazzi's are probabably hard to sell also. But that Ljutic will out last that Perazzi every time. Maybe they just aren't as pretty. Also it depends on what part of the country you are in. Some places wouldn't touch one.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
98% of them are single barrel trap guns. That automatically eliminates those searching for O/U's or combo's.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have owned 4 ljutics, all were really nice. Like grntitan said no doubles.... I still have my dynokic, love it and shoot it well when I shoot it. Thought of selling it recently when I bought a new KGUN, however I feel attached to it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The prices of new Ljutics ARE inline with the competition of boutique manufacturers and are priced lower than some.

Notice how the Silver Seitz and Alfermann shotguns look like Ljutics. Compared prices lately?

I'm not selling my Ljutics. They are heirloom pieces and part of a legacy I am passing on to my son.

Regardless, these guns are investments which can be enjoyed rather than extra money sitting in a Merrill Lynch computer program or bank CD paying 1% interest. Life is short no matter how long you live it.

~ Kim Z.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The statement, "Their past internal problems leave a lot of people unsure about what might happen next." Do some people still believe this old cliche?

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
I've sent my trigger group back to Ljutic once, 20 years ago.....the only other service I've done to it is to replace springs...easily done by oneself. Just about any other part on a Ljutic can be manufactured by a competent gunsmith/machinist, so whether Ljutic Gun LLC is still operating or not (and I hope they are for many more years) is moot.

Ron Burr

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Guys,

All I can say is once you deal with the guys at Ljutic you will know what first class customer service is all about.

I have had dealings with a few gun makers and the guys at Ljutic put them all to shame when it comes to helping out there clients.

Regards

Scott

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I have to agree with the above statement 110%. I was a lucky guy that got to go to the factory and meet them all. My son lives in Yakima so it was easy to do. Mike, Jimmie and everyone there are as good as it gets. I was lucky enough to spend about 3 hours with them all and what a hoot. Can't wait to see them again. G2

·
Registered
83 Posts
This was an idea i had and wanted for my dynokic. Jimmy listened and worked with me and listened some more, then he developed. Find another company anywhere that will do that with a customer. Now if you see an srm mono, shoot it, you will love it. Yep its outside the box, just like everything Al ever made. You just wait, krieghoff will have a short rib soon and everyone will go on and on and on about it. Big deal, Ljutic had a short rib on there guns in the early 70's and i bet before that to. Thanks Ljutic Family, i enjoy shooting your guns.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have only had mine a short time and am still getting used to it. I am having troubles with handicap. Jimmy and Mike told me to bring a few flats of ammo and come over. They will take me to their private range and work with me so that I am doing better in caps.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I can promise once you get it dialed in it will crush targets. I have mine figured out now to ware I can shoot 95- 99 from 27 yards most the time. I was wondering if I was ever going to get it the way I wanted it. I took a break from it and was shooting another gun I used to think was the shit but when I started shooting the ljutic again I found out how great the ljutics are. A true work of art to say the least.

·
Registered
956 Posts
About 7 years ago I bought a mid rib mono that was 1 year old and in 'as new' condition from a fellow with health problems for $5,000, including an Americase, plus barrel work done by Wilkinson. I shot it for about a year, then decided to buy a Silver Seitz that was made to my spec.

I listed my gun here at $5,000 and got a lot of private messages from people saying I was out of my mind for asking that much, and offering half. I was under no pressure to sell, so I waited. Got a message from a fellow who owned an identical gun and was looking for a back-up. He paid $5,000.

A couple of days after he took delivery I got an e-mail saying that the gun was in better condition than I'd described, without making any adjustments to the stock he ran a 24 then a 25, and his dilemma now was which Ljutic was going to be his primary gun, and which the back-up. He was thrilled with the purchase.

Ljutics aren't a mass produced gun like a Browning, so you have a much more limited audience of buyers. But, people who know them will be good buyers if the gun is in top condition.

Good luck,

Pete

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Any gun and I mean any gun is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay and the seller is willing to accept. I've owned a couple of used Ljutics and will be the first to tell you they are truly built like a tank. The first seemed to fit but I was never able to dial it into my preference. It's now in the hands of a friend that shoots it well, far better then I was able. Present one fits like a dream and shoots the way I expect it to. It'll be around for my kids to argue over someday.

·
Banned
908 Posts
It's the darn trigger that is so good. The whole gun has been copied and pretty much duplicated. Yes , when I go to the Southern I hope there will be a short rib I can pick up and demo. For me it started with an old x73. I wonder who is shooting it now.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Some of the retail issue for Ljutics have to do with some of the big dealers that travel to the big shoots. There are a couple that will not have anything to do with Ljutics. Maybe they have their reasons, I don't know. But like everyone above said, they are great guns, and never break.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Someday....I will upgrade from my Perazzi to a Ljutic. They have treated my friends and family that shoot Ljutic shotguns like gold. Great customer service, and I will someday have one. Un matched customer service, and top quality product.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts